What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe after baseball season. But then it'll probably be too cold. 🤣
That I can guarantee. We are still in the 70's right now, but one day very soon it's going to change drastically overnight. This is unheard of. We haven't even had a killing frost yet. We just got the garden pulled this weekend and tomatoes are still in the greenhouse.

I am not complaining... Just to be clear. 😄

Get a Tesla. Spend $60-$70 K to save $500 in fuel ..... 🤣
Geek... Look away! 😂

I am not opposed to EV's. I think they could be great for tooling around in the city. In Alberta.. Especially rural Alberta, where I am 30km from town and 2 hours from the city, they are not even a little bit practical. Add in -40! Batteries decrease 30% in capacity in the cold.. Even with heated seats and steering wheels you need 20 minutes warm up time not to freeze when you get in the truck. In an EV heat drains the batteries. Both our trucks combined are getting close to 200,000km on them in 2 years, that's double the expected battery life, and therefore 2 new batteries for 20k. I could go on! 😄

I don't care how fast they charge, I'm not waiting for it in -40.

As a working stiff, some days I should just stay in bed... Came into work today, was carrying a bunch of stuff and since I'm getting old took the elevator up to the 2nd floor. Waited for the door to open, hmmm, didn't open. Texted my boss that I was in the elevator at the second floor but the door wouldn't open, and after he got done laughing he and a co-worker of mine worked on the outside of the door as I jumped up and down inside. I think the sensors aren't aligning for some reason. After about 3 minutes the door did eventually open.

Someone asked if I was freaking out in there, I said no, had some food and some cold tea, was just worried if I was in there too much longer that I had forgotten my depends and would have made a puddle on the floor. I was actually calmer that I thought I'd be. I think I was still partially asleep....I'm awake now!

As a working stiff, some days I should just stay in bed... Came into work today, was carrying a bunch of stuff and since I'm getting old took the elevator up to the 2nd floor. Waited for the door to open, hmmm, didn't open. Texted my boss that I was in the elevator at the second floor but the door wouldn't open, and after he got done laughing he and a co-worker of mine worked on the outside of the door as I jumped up and down inside. I think the sensors aren't aligning for some reason. After about 3 minutes the door did eventually open.

Someone asked if I was freaking out in there, I said no, had some food and some cold tea, was just worried if I was in there too much longer that I had forgotten my depends and would have made a puddle on the floor. I was actually calmer that I thought I'd be. I think I was still partially asleep....I'm awake now!
That will learn you to take the stairs! HA!

One of the strangest things I have ever seen. Was working today (computer programming kinda guy, no manual labor) looked down at my finger and my tungsten wedding band, 12 years old. Saw this gap. Who knows why. Internal stress of some kind I would guess. Thankfully my wife said, let's go get a new ring, they aren't that expensive and we can't have you running around town without my mark on you.

PXL_20221026_145149614.MP.jpg

PXL_20221027_002743524.MP.jpg

Back