What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost everything is bottled and safe except for one carboy. Hunkering down. It’s headed right this way. Might not see posts for a few days View attachment 93388
Yeah I don’t like that big red swath! I’d be heading for the hills if they had any in Florida. I had relatives on the opposite coast who rode them all out😬. Is this your first? Either way. Best of luck. Im sure the WMT community will be thinking of you.

Yeah I don’t like that big red swath! I’d be heading for the hills if they had any in Florida. I had relatives on the opposite coast who rode them all out😬. Is this your first? Either way. Best of luck. Im sure the WMT community will be thinking of you.
Second. Got hit hard by Irma in 2017. Had to put on my chain sawing flip flops back then. I’m pretty sure I might lose some mango trees this time 😢

I sure as heck hope you aren't in Zones A or B... Either way I wouldn't want to be anywhere on the east side of that eye wall.

View attachment 93396

I hope you can stay safe!
Zone D. We will be dry until the roof comes off. It’s going almost directly over our house (just a few blocks to the west)

my brother is in zone A . He may come up here in the morning. But the closer the eye comes to us the less surge we will get. Surge will be a little more south.

Took some time off of work, wasn't super busy. Needed to clean up some wine things in the basement before the new batch from @mainshipfred is picked up. Cleaned a bunch of carboys and then AIO'd a batch of really old Cab Franc. Bottled (dog didn't necessarily love that noise), capped and labeled.

9-30-22_cab_franc.jpg

Local grapes, really light (like an Italian table wine), but has really nice fruitiness to it (used GRE yeast to reduce herbaceous notes (was under ripe fruit)).

Yesterday morning I made croutons, starting with the heels from several loaves of bread:

croutons 1.jpg

Cube the bread. Melt butter with olive oil, seasoned salt, and oregano. Pour over the cubes in a bowl and mix to cover all the bread.

croutons 2.jpg

Preheat the oven to 325 F and spread foil on a cookie sheet. The foil helps the bread crisp, and makes cleanup easier. Put the bread in a single layer and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip the bread / stir and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.

I want mine crisp but not too brown.

croutons 3.jpg

They are good for weeks if stored in a plastic bag with the air squeezed out.

Still no internet no power. View attachment 93590I’m taking up a new hobby- tree pruning
From what I have been seeing around Fort Myers, you are very fortunate. No power is much easier to handle than no house. I hope all are well, but glad to see you made it through without much damage.

Latest posts

Back