What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the good news is that at dinner I finished three bottles of wine.

The bad news was that each bottle had less than half a glass before I started! :(

Also, I racked my Red Mountain Cab out of secondary into clearing. It is YUMMY even now. I am really looking forward to this one!

The big storm they were predicting for the Pittsburgh Area was a bust. Glad I didn't rush out for toilet paper and milk to prepare for it. Woke up this ame expecting 3-5 inches of snow and the sidewalks weren't even icy since it was above freezing. I know some areas north of the Burgh got hit.

Me, I'm happy I get to spend an extra 2 hours with my daughter thanks to the school district's pre-mature delay announcement.

Going to start preparations for tomorrow's feast this afternoon...

After receiving inspiration last night, I knitted this today using broomsticks as knitting needles.

It was a great arm workout; and should be a nice, cuddly blanket for my niece :)

WOW!! you are going to have to teach me how to use those broomsticks, very nice!!!

well after 5 days of wind,and rain, and cold, we have sunshine, no rain, and about 48

going to home depot, buy all kinds of electrical do dats, and start my christmas lights.. oh what a list, junction boxes, extension cords,breakers,a few switches,a couple of what u call it, some weird looking connectors...and who knows what else.

James, real men don't need no junction boxes, breakers, switches…… :)

Christmas-Vacation-Clark-Griswold-Lights.jpg

well after 5 days of wind,and rain, and cold, we have sunshine, no rain, and about 48

going to home depot, buy all kinds of electrical do dats, and start my christmas lights.. oh what a list, junction boxes, extension cords,breakers,a few switches,a couple of what u call it, some weird looking connectors...and who knows what else.

well went to home depot, and decided i would cut the grass one last time , my first two steps , stepped in a big pile of dog puggy.....
I quit....

Today isn't even half over and I'm already tired.
The to do list, in no particular order:

Make Mahogany Stew
Make Naan bread
Make cranberry sauce for both family get-togethers tomorrow.
Make 2 almond cranberry cakes for tomorrow.
Decide which wine to take to said get togethers.
Make at least 4 lbs of soap
Work on my knitted wrap.
Watch the last of Victorian Farm, maybe start Edwardian Farm (Wartime Farm was outstanding!)
Clean out the litterbox
Laundry
And at some point, wash, dry, straighten, and set my hair for tomorrow.

I keep forgetting you folks down south haven't had Thanksgiving yet!
Best holiday wishes to everyone! (don't work yourself exhausted Jeri)

Fabiola - just use 'em like any other knitting needles...but give yourself lots of room :)

Boy is it quiet on here today!
I did some last minute winterizing of the house, and ordered a few components for my wine filter system.

I was stumped today.

But in the end I always win.

I also hooked up the snow blower and put it to work

It was a good day

Last edited:
been nursing a hangover...trying to down a cc and coke....see if it helps...
if not...i going to grill a steak, eat, and go to bed....

Bottled the Candy Cane wine, Sweet Peach Chardonnay and racked the Vidal to glass. Talked to a beginning winemaker and began to Christmasfy the house.

Pizza and wine night!!!

After last nights feast , I took it easy this morning.
Watched some cartoons with the kids.
Drank 4 cups o coffee
Read some comic books (captain America)
The had a hot turkey sandwich.
The finished putting my wine room together in the basement.
Started a batch chocolate/black raspberry
Stated a Pinot Noir

As of 6 pm, I am about I crack a Carmel/chocolate Porter and wait for company to arrive.
My wife has made it a tradition to host a left over and appetizer feast the day after thanksgiving.
It has allowed all out friends to escape thier family's for the night.
This will be 16th year.
It will be a night of food, drinks & board games!

Latest posts

Back