What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up another 30 cases of clear 375's in NJ and getting ready to make the journey home today. The 375 source is drying up (only 18 cases left in his stash), but I keep pressing on the SS tank sale. I was told to be patient (yeah, right). I need ot sanitize bottles this weekend and start bottling some LuvaBella juices from earlier this year. And then start some more.....

Got some catawba delivered today.This tanker truck brought us 5000gallons of locally grown Catawba! Muchof this is already sold but we still have plenty available for homewinemakers. Catawba makes a real nicesemi sweet to sweet wine. We contractout the processing of some of the most popular varieties to a company that doesa much larger tonnage volume than we do.

wine delivery.jpg

Pitched my yeast into my latest batch of skeeter pee. It was cooking really well!!

I would post the short video I took of it, but I am unable to. :'(

Very busy day in the cellar today! I washed 10 cases of bottles then bottled 5 gallons of dry blueberry, 6 gallons of Barolo, 6 gallons of Montepulciano and 6 gallons of Chainti. Then I racked into glass 4 buckets of local juices and 5 buckets of Italian juices. Thankfully all of my bottling is finally done. All the rest will wait untill I return from Florida in the spring.

Holy smokes.... Thats a lot o juice!!

Got some catawba delivered today. This tanker truck brought us 5000gallons of locally grown Catawba! Much of this is already sold but we still have plenty available for homewinemakers. Catawba makes a real nice semi sweet to sweet wine. We contractout the processing of some of the most popular varieties to a company that doesa much larger tonnage volume than we do.

Very busy day in the cellar today! I washed 10 cases of bottles then bottled 5 gallons of dry blueberry, 6 gallons of Barolo, 6 gallons of Montepulciano and 6 gallons of Chainti. Then I racked into glass 4 buckets of local juices and 5 buckets of Italian juices. Thankfully all of my bottling is finally done. All the rest will wait untill I return from Florida in the spring.

What part of florida are you heading for???

Got some catawba delivered today.This tanker truck brought us 5000gallons of locally grown Catawba! Muchof this is already sold but we still have plenty available for homewinemakers. Catawba makes a real nicesemi sweet to sweet wine. We contractout the processing of some of the most popular varieties to a company that doesa much larger tonnage volume than we do.

12 gallons of that is mine. Whooo Hoooo. Will be up Saturday on the 20th.

Picked up another 30 cases of clear 375's in NJ and getting ready to make the journey home today. The 375 source is drying up (only 18 cases left in his stash), but I keep pressing on the SS tank sale. I was told to be patient (yeah, right). I need ot sanitize bottles this weekend and start bottling some LuvaBella juices from earlier this year. And then start some more.....

You keep me posted on the tanks, if the price and size tank is right, I may be interested. Of course, I don't think you'll get those home in the company car. I happen to know someone with a truck.

Played soccer, my team "New Mexico Divas" kicked butt, and now home ready to bottle my raspberry...

Relaxing at the beach in Hilton Head, Played the best round of golf for me in a long time, shot a 98 at Shipyard!!! Not really great in golf standards but for me it was. Bottled my Black Currant, Blackberry & Red Raspberry before I left. Raspberry turned out really great. Hate to think about all the leaves to pickup when I return home. Good news is they all fall usually in October when its still fairly warm....

Al

Relaxing at the beach in Hilton Head, Played the best round of golf for me in a long time, shot a 98 at Shipyard!!! Not really great in golf standards but for me it was. Bottled my Black Currant, Blackberry & Red Raspberry before I left. Raspberry turned out really great. Hate to think about all the leaves to pickup when I return home. Good news is they all fall usually in October when its still fairly warm....

Al

Good to hear from you Al, haven't seen you around and was wondering what you were up to.

Pressed my red muscadine today. Currently sitting in buckets as I don't have enough bungs or airlocks and the brew store is closed today. Sg was just below 1.00 so I should be good for a day in buckets.

ffemt128 said:
Pressed my red muscadine today. Currently sitting in buckets as I don't have enough bungs or airlocks and the brew store is closed today. Sg was just below 1.00 so I should be good for a day in buckets.

Awesome!!! Finally mustering up the nerve to start my first batch of muscadine wine. It will be my first batch of grape wine as well!! Kind of nervous about it. The grapes are from my own vines also. :D

Heading down to my son's to re-plumb his bathroom. Everything is gut down to the studs and starting from scratch. Whoo Hooo. I can't stand plumbing.

I actually like doing plumbing and electrical. We tore out our basement a few years back. Got an estimate on getting it replumbed since we could get to all the lines in the house. Ended up doing it myself for a out a tenth of the estimate price with PEX. I love PEX!!!!! It is wonderful to work with!

I actually like doing plumbing and electrical. We tore out our basement a few years back. Got an estimate on getting it replumbed since we could get to all the lines in the house. Ended up doing it myself for a out a tenth of the estimate price with PEX. I love PEX!!!!! It is wonderful to work with!

You sound like me. I saved about $1000 by running the electrical to the hot tub myself. I don't pay someone else to do what I can do myself.

Back