What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walkers is quite an operation!! Didn't see anything else in that area. We did some wine tasting on Seneca Lake in NY. Was headed to meet Green Zeus that afternoon from Walkers. THAT was fun!

Debbie

Working and back sweetening some wines. Taking my Pinot Grigio to 1.006 and my Sav Blanc to 1.002. That is where we sweetened to last year and enjoyed them very much. Need to experiment with the Muscat and Chardonnay. The Chard may be left alone. I need to double check sg's on them. The Chard tasted good to me, I need to have the wife check it to see what she thinks.

May run out this weekend and get a floor corker. I know, 2 years into this obsession and it's about time. SHBS has the port floor for $65 I believe. I know I can get cheaper online but then I have to pay for shipping.

Had a real hard day at work, came home and weed whacked and mowed the lawn, and now doing 4 loads of laundry as I feel behind the last few days. Im hitting the hard stuff!!!!!!!

Just finished destemming, cleaning and freezing what amounted to a total of 70 pounds of crab apples. I was suppose to more tomorrow but I now have about 85 pounds and the freezer is half full. I don't think I'll be picking anymore.

Crab apple raspberry is awesome also. I think I blended it 65% apple 35% raspberry like 4 years ago and it was perfect. Dan, make sure you carb some of that apple, its awesome!!!!! I sweetened it back with Seneca frozen apple juice concentrate. 5 jack & cokes later and a Vicoprofin and my back is finally starting to loosen up.

Thanks Wade and I'll be hitting you up probably also for some assistance. Carbing it sounds good and I have the technology!!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better their buddy. Hope your whites didn't come out pink in the laundry.

Just doing darks tonight. Seems its mostly what gets worn around here which is good as it makes life easier.

Trying to re coop and get my nerves settled back down from trip to Minn/St. Paul airport. Had to pic up my wife at the airport during rush hour, 4:30 PM. Got involved with another pick up in an act of road rage. Finally got home after nine, took four whiskies and coke to finally settle down. Needed the hard stuff. What a day. Loren

Crab apple raspberry is awesome also. I think I blended it 65% apple 35% raspberry like 4 years ago and it was perfect. Dan, make sure you carb some of that apple, its awesome!!!!! I sweetened it back with Seneca frozen apple juice concentrate. 5 jack & cokes later and a Vicoprofin and my back is finally starting to loosen up.

you know Wade I feel for you as I have a really messed up back myself plus my right leg is screwed too. and you know alcohol always seems to work better than the narcotics do, well the narcotics work ok if you chase them with a good select beverage lol

Heading up to Runningwolf's in the morning with Julie and AlMargita to pick up wine bottles. Hopefully, he'll have them cleaned, delabeled and sanitized by the time we get there------NOT!! We do know where his wine cellar is so we'll be doing a little shopping. LOL All in all, it should be a good day.

Working from home and watching the mother in law again. I pulled my 43 lbs of elderberries from thr freezer a little while ago. I figure I might as well start steaming them today. I figure I'll get about 4 gallons of pure juice and that will make between 7-10 gallons depending on the mood I'm in. 4 lbs per gallon is very tasty and would maximize my output.

Heading up to Runningwolf's in the morning with Julie and AlMargita to pick up wine bottles. Hopefully, he'll have them cleaned, delabeled and sanitized by the time we get there------NOT!! We do know where his wine cellar is so we'll be doing a little shopping. LOL All in all, it should be a good day.

Dan has a nice set-up going up there. I could only wish mine was half of what he has going. Have a safe trip and tell Dan we said Hi. Oh wait....Hi Dan

Back