What kind of apple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23_11_7.gif

This morning I have 2 airlocks bubbling in harmony. Waldo, theyre a little young and hard to understand but I think they wated to be serenaded by you!
Edited by: wade

Racked my Crab Apple wine @ an SG of 1.014 and even though I had it in fermenting bags a lot of sediment is in there and Im gonna have some serious settling in my glass.
20070825_114409_Crab_Apple_Wine.jpg

I racked and fined the Crabapple today and it isnt very tart as I thought it would be but Im going to sparkle 1/2 of this so Ill add more acid blend to taste after I split it up to sparkle cause I dont want the sparkling to be that tart. Im not sure if it browned a little from oxidizing as it looks a little dark but I did add the right a mount of Ascorbic acid in the beginning. It looks like a nice color and tastes pretty darn good though so who cares as long as its good right. Just thought it wuld be a little lighter.
20071021_104920_Crabapple.jpg

Looks nice Wade....Nice color....crabapple is going to be one of the next wines we start...so many wines...too few carboys...[and space]

Back