What is the Wierdest wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronh

Reaction score
What is the weirdest wine you have made?
<DIV id=ms__id317>
<DIV id=ms__id316>This winter I am going to take a shot at White Pine wine. I'm thinken white Welches concentrate as a base and a pine needle tea addition. Pines are high in vitamin C and the tea is great for fighten colds.
<DIV id=ms__id319>
<DIV id=ms__id318>I have seen and heard about Army Worm wine.... I dont think I could bring my self to such extreames.

Ive seen a few real weird 1's in my opinion and that 1 does not take the cake. I havent really made any unusual 1's myself though.

I haven't made any weird wines either. A few years ago when the army worms marched through here there was a guy in Duluth that was adding an army worm to each bottle. The article in the paper said it was good but I can't remember the flavor.

WALDO HAVE A WINE MAKING BUDDY THAT MAKES WINE OUT OF ANYTHING AND HAS MADE,BASEL,HALOPINO PEPPER,TOMATO,GARLIC AND PROB LY OTHERS I CAN,T REMEMBER...............................................

I didn't make them but I tasted a couple of wines made by a former moderator here at the first Winestock that were very different. They were a Chrysanthemum wine and if I remember correctly a Lilac wine.They were both a very much different wine tasting experience. I had never experienced a more herb type flavored wine. It wasn't to my taste for drinking but would of been a fantastic cooking wine for many dishes I make.

The weirdest wine I have made was a goof off experiment where I made an Un-Wine wine. I took water and added sugar to an acceptable SG and threw in a packet of wine yeast basically to see what would happen. It was nasty. Was basically a yeasty tasting alcohol taste.

Latest posts

Back