What does a "wine thief" actually look like?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info Guys.....just found a wine supply store in the small town where I live....will check them out today to see if I can find a proper"thief" . Might need to make a trip into the big city to fill my shopping list. I'm sure there will be many more things I'll need!!

Thanks for all the info Guys.....just found a wine supply store in the small town where I live....will check them out today to see if I can find a proper"thief" . Might need to make a trip into the big city to fill my shopping list. I'm sure there will be many more things I'll need!!

When your local brewstore doesn't have what you need, check online! Shipping can be negligible compared to the cost of gasoline these days.

Found out today that the little wine supply shop in town, is actually quite well stocked. I picked up a "wine thief", (now I know what one looks like)!! Also picked up a brew belt. Think I might need one down in my basement, as tempurature today down there is hovering around 67 degrees. Also picked up a little hand pump for taking the air out of an opened wine bottle...read here somewhere that this might work for degassing wine while in the carboy?? Also grabbed and extra air lock and a few odds and ends...so anyway, looks like they will be able to supply me with everything I'm going to need while on this new adventure of mine...winemaking!! Yay!!:h

Wine Thief!

Wine Thief.jpg

A security camera image of man suspected of stealing $450 bottle of wine from Turnpike Wines and Spirits in Fairfield.

:h

Bwaaaa haaaaaa haaaaa

A disturbing resemblance to one "slim shady".......

Eminem1.jpg

today.jpg

That's the one I use most often.

Me too. I have a graduated flask and it is an easy matter to steal enough wine to float a hydrometer in that. What I like about the glass one is, it is glass of course, and it takes just enough for a taste test. I say BUY EM BOTH!

:r

Me too. I have a graduated flask and it is an easy matter to steal enough wine to float a hydrometer in that. What I like about the glass one is, it is glass of course, and it takes just enough for a taste test. I say BUY EM BOTH!

:r
A taste test js. I believe I outta drive over your way. Sounds like words straight from my mouth. LOL, Arne.

Nah, the second guy has a VERY receding hairline, obviously the result of rough living. I think he should have been in that secuity video. Pretty scary looking!

Latest posts

Back