What does a "wine thief" actually look like?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigC

Junior
Reaction score
I'm sure I know the concept behind a wine thief, but not sure if I know what one actually looks like! Would I have one in my "basic equipment" starter kit?....can't believe one of my very first questions is such a daft one!!!:slp

I'm sure I know the concept behind a wine thief, but not sure if I know what one actually looks like! Would I have one in my "basic equipment" starter kit?....can't believe one of my very first questions is such a daft one!!!:slp
This is a wine thief. We call her Julie! If she shows up on your door step send her away! That is unless she has some wine with her.

Julie.jpg

Think I figured out a "turkey baster" would work just as well!!:D

This is a wine thief. We call her Julie! If she shows up on your door step send her away! That is unless she has some wine with her.
Looks like it Dans turn in the corner, don't worry Julie is there already, with a bottle of wine

MEH I just use a cheapo plastic turkey baster.. I make sure to keep it apart from the one we use for actual basting n fat sucking LOL!

and YAYAYAY!!!! I'm not in the corner now!

cpfan said:
Grapeman's picture is better, but here's the web page for this wonderful item.
http://www.fermtech.ca/thief/thief.html

Steve
I have the fermtech thief from the above site and really like it except when trying to get a reading out from a 1 gallon batch where the thing isn't deep enough. So for those, or for just stealing a bit out of the top of a carboy to taste, I use my trusty old "wine only" turkey baster

Not too sure what they look like, but I believe there are a couple in my basement. If I ever catch em, I'll get a pic of em and get somebody to help me post it on here. Arne.

Fermtech wine thief has treated me very well. Hydrometer fits right inside and is easy to read through the walls.

Latest posts

Back