What did you do this weekend?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW - I used Avery labels because they also offer the Avery online tool that matches printing for the label stock.
The labels you bought at Onlinelabels.com, what program you use to design and print?

They have what appears to be their own online software called Maestro Label Designer that is subscription based or if you buy labels, they give you a limited time subscription. I believe they gave me 90 days to use it.

If you go to their site, they will let you use it for free. I think it leaves a watermark or something on the image though unless you have the subscription. It's actually pretty nice.

Here is a link: Maestro Label Designer

That's what I have been using for about the last three years now. It works very well for me and I have been able to tweak sizing to fill the entire label with no white space on the edges with a few simple clicks. I also have been buying my label stock from them. I use OL525LP 4" x 3.25" labels. Laser printer labels that are also waterproof and peel off easily. Since I mostly bottle in the Summer a 3 mo subscription once a year works well.

They have what appears to be their own online software called Maestro Label Designer that is subscription based or if you buy labels, they give you a limited time subscription. I believe they gave me 90 days to use it.

If you go to their site, they will let you use it for free. I think it leaves a watermark or something on the image though unless you have the subscription. It's actually pretty nice.

Here is a link: Maestro Label Designer

Drove to Missoula to speak at the Montana Grape and Winery Association meeting. What a wonderful bunch of folks. But my engine blew up in the mountains. Had to spend Saturday car shopping. There's lots more to the story (e.g. climbing the mountain on the side of the highway to get a cell signal, the drunk congressman, etc.), but there's little time.

Drove to Missoula to speak at the Montana Grape and Winery Association meeting. What a wonderful bunch of folks. But my engine blew up in the mountains. Had to spend Saturday car shopping. There's lots more to the story (e.g. climbing the mountain on the side of the highway to get a cell signal, the drunk congressman, etc.), but there's little time.

And I thought "congressman" was a polite way to say "a drunk". When I close down a club I yell, out of the way Congressman coming through... If a policeman asks if you've been drinking just say "no I'm a congressman". :)

Another wonderful weekend!

What made it so great was that I had few plans, and the Wife was out of town. I love my wife dearly, but it is nice to simply have the house to my self for a while.

On Friday night, I went to the fireworks show in town with some friends.

On Saturday, I ran some errands in the morning, then spent the day out on my deck. I made sauce from scratch, the last of my processed tomatoes from last fall, and just loaded it down with plenty of fresh basil, garlic, parsley, and thyme. I then made a batch of chicken parm to go with it. I sipped my way through almost 2 bottles of wine (my 2014 Riesling and my 2014 merlot). I also enjowed a 3 hour Bruce Springsteen concert on my solar entertainment center. AAAAHH, a day of cooking, sipping, and relaxing out on my deck in gorgeous weather!

I know what you are thinking, but I was out there for a good 12 hours

On Sunday, my mom's birthday, I ended up watching my father (who has Parkinson's) so that mom could simply take the day and just relax. She thanked me and said that it was the best gift ever.

IMG_20160625_135924_270.jpg

Last edited:
Friday night, it was just me, Star Wars, the Force Awakens and a bottle of Enigma. SWMBO was up north visiting her mom and I pretty much had the house to myself till they got back on Saturday.

We spent Saturday at a graduation party for one of my Eagle Scouts, then watching fireworks from my front porch (I swear one of my neighbors has more money than brains). Sunday was yard work in the morning, pool in the afternoon (do not buy generic spray on sunblock... it will disappoint) and work in the evening.

We had a great party Saturday. Started smoking a 13 lb. brisket, cooking a huge pot of beans and making my BBQ sauce friday night. Saturday morning put together a cole slaw, shredded the beef and warmed the beans and by noon friends started showing up. This was kind of an open house to show off our remodel, wine house and landscape that we've been working on for the last 2-1/2 years. Shared quite a few bottles of wine and beer but the surprise favorite was my strawberry wine followed by my 2012 blackberry merlot blend. All in all we had a blast, I'd kind of forgotten how much fun it is to host a bunch of friends.

smoker.jpg

Brisket.jpg

Patio.jpg

Kellie.jpg

Mom.jpg

Friday night, it was just me, Star Wars, the Force Awakens and a bottle of Enigma. SWMBO was up north visiting her mom and I pretty much had the house to myself ...

And you didn't invite me over? I'll bring wine, you supply the cheesr. These bottles of Boatboy Jim's are just driving me nuts sitting here. Every morning they whisper, "drink me, drink me"!

And you didn't invite me over? I'll bring wine, you supply the cheesr. These bottles of Boatboy Jim's are just driving me nuts sitting here. Every morning they whisper, "drink me, drink me"!

Well, if you're note going to cave in and drink them, you can always send them this way. I have no such strong will when it comes to wine! :h

Wow - Me and the wife help take down 5 full grown trees and cut them down and buck them as well as chip everything less than 14'' in diameter.

It was for a good cause - Boy Scouts - Regional office, that the trees were leaning so bad (and rotted in the middle) that it was hazardous to be around.

Sorry too tired to take pics -

I didn't even think of that. My bad, Craig. It's been a hellish couple of weeks.

I am just razzing you, my Wife and Son worked last weekend, so it would have had to be an evening get together. Between the two of our schedules we'll eventually get together, probably early next year at this rate!

I need to see your AIO in operation so I can get motivated to save up some money to get one. I'm still not getting total degassing with the brake bleeder setup, especially if I degass in the winter when the house is cooler.

I need to see your AIO in operation so I can get motivated to save up some money to get one. I'm still not getting total degassing with the brake bleeder setup, especially if I degass in the winter when the house is cooler.

Get your hands on a brew belt. ;)

Gee, You are truly lucky. Jim never sent me any wine...

Drive down to Harford Vineyards next fall and I'm sure Jim (Boatboy24 Jim)would give you a bunch of wine, he is a very generous wine maker. As I remember, you passed within a few miles of his house this Spring on a trip?

I'll add that jgmann Jim would share wine with you too, because he's been very generous to me.

And both make very good wine, much better than what I make!

Last edited:
Back