What are you getting for Christmas?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post plenty of pics. Trying to locate the local wine store over there. My understanding is they mostly carry French varieties.

Well...I know I'm getting MY VERY FIRST OAK BARREL(!!!!!!!! Wheeeee!!!!!!)

But am also asking for this: http://www.perpetualkid.com/the-ex-voodoo-knife-set---chrome-abs-plastic.aspx

Because I want it in my kitchen...

That is hilarious!

jeri you are going to love that mixer. I can't believe what a deal you got! Kohls has some of the best deals when you take advantage of all of the extras. I bought my daughter one for her birthday in Nov. but it was a refurb from Overstock. it was $100 less and had no scratches on it at all. She had been using the one I passed down that was my Grandmothers from the 60's. olive green and all. lol

For me, I wanted a AllInOne but couldn't wait till Christmas so I bought it last month. For me, it's at least as good as a Kitchenaid.

Last edited:
I'll be in the nothing camp also.
But I'll have my family for the day; which makes it a big something!

I have to be careful what I tell the in laws that I like, I remember one year that I told them as I was growing up, we all use to gather at my grandparents house (about 30-50 relatives) for the Holidays and one of the things that we use to do around Thanksgiving is watch The Wizard of Oz, it is just one fond memory that I have.....well low and behold, for several Christmas' after that i received commemorative Wizard of Oz plates......gheesh....do I really look like the kind of person that collects Wizard of Oz plates?.......I'm very cautious about what I say since then....of course they didn't take the hint that I like stacks of 20 dollar bills the same way....LMAO!!!
I did however tell everyone that unless it is the Vinmetrica Malic acid testing probe, gift cards would be best so i can purchase what I want (all wine and beer supplies).

I have to be careful what I tell the in laws that I like, I remember one year that I told them as I was growing up, we all use to gather at my grandparents house (about 30-50 relatives) for the Holidays and one of the things that we use to do around Thanksgiving is watch The Wizard of Oz, it is just one fond memory that I have.....well low and behold, for several Christmas' after that i received commemorative Wizard of Oz plates......gheesh....do I really look like the kind of person that collects Wizard of Oz plates?.......I'm very cautious about what I say since then....of course they didn't take the hint that I like stacks of 20 dollar bills the same way....LMAO!!!
I did however tell everyone that unless it is the Vinmetrica Malic acid testing probe, gift cards would be best so i can purchase what I want (all wine and beer supplies).

I think you should sort of casually mention what a big fan you have always been of Opus One.

grapeman said:
Thanks to the doctors and the advances in cancer drugs, I am getting life for Christmas this year, and I hope quite a few more. All the rest of the things are nice to get, but it is hard to enjoy them if you aren't here!:xt

That is a fantastic Christmas present. Congrats to overcoming.

grapeman - I've always felt the most precious gifts we can have and share are life, time, and love. Looks like your Christmas will be filled with all of these!

Thanks to the doctors and the advances in cancer drugs, I am getting life for Christmas this year, and I hope quite a few more. All the rest of the things are nice to get, but it is hard to enjoy them if you aren't here!:xt

And we will have you for many, many, many more Christmas...

I normally would agree with Julie, but this year hubby and I are going for a 70+ LED 3D TV for movie room. We built our new home (which we are moving to this June) with a movie room, complete with popcorn maker, hotdog machine and of course bar. So excited!

Back