Western PA get together

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, hope you can get your schedule changed would love to have you here.

Hokapsig, difinetely bring along any wine problem you are having. Last time I had a party, DJRockinsteve showed how to calibrate and use a PH meter.

I have a cloudy peach that doesn't want to clear, even after adding sparkaloid and pectin enzyme. And it's my first time for a Chocolate Peppermint so I want comments on that.

Hokapsig, I'll take two cases if you have them available. Thanks!

I have a cloudy peach that doesn't want to clear, even after adding sparkaloid and pectin enzyme. And it's my first time for a Chocolate Peppermint so I want comments on that.

I tried super kleer om my peach, after 2 weeks it was cloudier than prior to adding it. I used sparkaloid and 2 days later, it was crystal clear. I think the trick to the sparkaloid is to really boil it as long as they say to (5 minutes) and make sure its a good boil, not just a simmer.

I believe a member on here somewhere commented that bentonite works very well on fruit wines.

I got some PVPP to add to one gallon, so I'll see if that helps after I rack.

I got some PVPP to add to one gallon, so I'll see if that helps after I rack.

Great stuff, where did you find it? Be careful when you open it and dump it out. That stuff is smooth as silk and just flies out of the container. You can rack off of it within a few days as it works almost instantly.

Last edited:
Dan, I was talking with your friend Sam yesterday and he gave me a sample baggie of it. He was digging on you and gave me some jabs to ask you when I see you...

rolled through around 1 -2 ish. Sam said you were probably working, but I was under a time constraint after sampling at Arrowhead and Lakeview.

I'll have to drop in the next time I roll through. I'm in Buffalo pretty often.

Hi Julie! Bringing the post back on topic. What time is this Saturday's get-together and what can we bring?

Thanks!
Mike

Well after a lot of discussion we decided to make a beef brisket so bring whatever side dish you can think of to go with beef brisket.

I'm thinking of eating between 3 and 4 but anytime after 1:00 would work

Julie as I thought I regret I will not be able to make and I'm bummed about it. I'm hitting an auction in the morning with carboys and ss tables then have a family obligation I have to do in the afternoon. I'll miss you guys. I also had some special bottles I was going to bring you. These are cool desert wine bottles and I'll save then for you if you come up this way to hit Walkers.

Dan, sorry to hear that but totally understand, I will miss you.

Doug, that pasta salad was awesome last year.

We are making a beef brisket, Mike does an awesome job with a beef brisket.

See you guys tomorrow!

Wish we could make it but my daughter is having a late 4th get together with all the grandkids. Best part is that she has a swimming pool! With the temps pushing close to 100 degrees, I'm guessing the pool will be the most popular place.

Hokapsig, if you have any of the 375's left, I'll take a couple of cases if any one coming from the burg has any room available?? I can make arrangements to pick them up at a later time....

Hope everyone has a great time, sorry to miss it.............

Al

Latest posts

Back