Welcome the newest addition to our Family

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I did it. I practiced safe wine making all these years and swore I would never have one of these babies. Well hanging out in the wrong crowd (Craigs List) I slipped and indulged. I realize I'll be paying support (apples and Pears) in the years to come but my wife supports me.

IMAG0311.jpg

I have a similar one I haven't used in a few years now since I bought a Number 45 from George. You will love it, but believe me it is a far cry from what you have at work! LOL

Lookin good! The kinda toy I might be looking into in the near future.. Just bigger ;)

I have a Happy Valley one that i won in 2009. Great machine - have pressed lots of apples - and have planted 4 trees of my own. Can see lots of fun in future. Enjoy. You might want to add a motor - i am thinking about it!!!!!!

rrawhide

HA HA I thought it was you, I remember that! Rick have you done pears or anything else with it? When you make apple wine do you crush then ferment first or press right after chrushing?

I ferment just the juice. You get a lot of solids in it with the press. Never tried fermenting the mush as I think it would be a nightmare to seperate. Try it both ways and see what works better.

Rich, I thought that was the way to do it. I've been buying apple cider the past several years to make my apple wine and just wanted to make sure this was still the best way. Thanks.

You are such a lurker these days! Nice to see you online and posting buddy!

I have a Happy Valley one that i won in 2009. Great machine - have pressed lots of apples - and have planted 4 trees of my own. Can see lots of fun in future. Enjoy. You might want to add a motor - i am thinking about it!!!!!!

rrawhide

Sure is perty there Dan! May I ask how much?

Last edited:
Oh Dan, so you are going to crush my apples for me???????????:i

This really looks like my press without the big box on top. Mine just presses but I'm happy with this and I am sure you are going to be real happy with this. So even thou you b1tched about those crap apples last year, I am assuming you will do it again, right :db

Oh Dan, so you are going to crush my apples for me???????????:i

This really looks like my press without the big box on top. Mine just presses but I'm happy with this and I am sure you are going to be real happy with this. So even thou you b1tched about those crap apples last year, I am assuming you will do it again, right :db
LOL you mean crab apples? It was the crap I went through crushing them. I've admired this press ever since rick showed us the one he won. It seems like the best apple cider press on the market. Since I bought over 20 gallons of cider last year for wine, I'm hoping to save some money this year and yes it will certainly help with the crap apples also. I'm thinking pears might be fun also.

Julie I thought you bought the ratchet one. Do you have both and if so which do you like the best?

That sure wil make much easier work with the big fruit. So when you getting a crusher destemmer for grapes?

Latest posts

Back