Welch's concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and some of us don't have access to the concentrates.. and wish we did.

Allie

"Cheap" sounds like just that. I think less expensive would give these wines more justice.

I apologize for my "poor choice of words". Making concentrate blends is actually the only method of wine making that I have used so far (due to a cash flow deficiency until recently) and it works quite well. I haven't ventured to a kit yet but intend to do so soon.

Hello and welcome Daisy,

Some fruit wine kits are just what you are doing.. only they add a bit of grape juice to make it more difficult for you to copy it , if you don't have access to grape juice.

everything else is the same...

Allie

Daisy I use frozen concentrates because of the same reason. But keep your eyes open for fresh fruit when it comes on sale. Wine obviously can be made from many many different, and combinations of fruit. Bananas are almost always cheap. I found peaches last summer for 1.28/lb Made a nice batch of Peach wine cheaper than our concentrates would have costed. So wait till something comes up cheap, pop in, tell us what you found, and we'll steer you to a recipe to make wine out of it. Nothing wrong with using some fresh fruit and frozen concentrate to come up with something. There are no rules on what wine can be made of. Patience is the main ingredient.
Troy
:b

Back