Was a Busy Day At The Cats Meow Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Got kicked off before daylight this morning cleaning wine bottles. After about three gallons of sweat in the high humidity I finished 8 cases that i ha delabeled yesterday. Took my second shower for the day, ran to Wally World and picked up a few necessities and it was back home where I grabbed a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast and then racked my Spiced Mead ( A 3 gallon Carboy and two One Gallon Carboys)off the sediment. This picture is after the rackingand I ended up with 4-1/2 gallon with the half gallong being pretty cloudy as I let my rackingcane slip and sucked up a bunch of sediment.

meadsracked.jpg

I shot a dose of Super -Kleer to the 3 gallon batch and as you can see, it is working nicely.
meadsclearing.jpg

I also racked a batch of Muscadine and bottled another batch.
2007muscadine.jpg

2007muscadinebottled.jpg

Just finished designing and printing the labels for this batch and will apply them in a couple of days once I am sure I am not going to have any corks a popping.
muscadinelabel2007.jpg

Mead looks good and the Muscadine bottles look fantastic. Labels are
great too but the color of the Muscadine takes 1st prize!
smiley20.gif

When don't you have a busy day at the Cat's Meow Winery, Waldo? Anyone who doesn't know you would thing it was the busy day you described- before breakfast!
smiley36.gif
If those taste as good as your usual Muscadine, you have another winner there.

I too love the color of the Muscadine Waldo, great labels too. I spent my day installaing a new storm door, and wishing I was in the cellar.
Dave

Looks good Waldo and I spent a bunch of time the last two days cleaning enough bottles for the 36 gals I have ready!Edited by: masta

smiley3.gif
you and Wade are exhausting to just read and see what your up to,I think ill go to bed now I am beat just reading about all you have done. what I would do to have either of you guys come to my place for a day to get me going properly. I seem to be lacking in the drive area to get going and fill the 7 carboys I have empty. The mixed fruit batch may be a no go I didnt have enough to fill the carboy and left to much air on the top andI thinkI have some white patches floating in there
smiley19.gif

Thanks all...I sure enjoy this wine making and the fellowship on the forum.
George has sure blessed us all with his hosting of this forum.

Trig..sounds like you may just have some undissolved K Meta. I would still go ahead and top up though with a similiar type wine unless you have a bag or two of marbles you can sanitize and raise the level with.

Waldo, looks like you have been a busy boy. Great photo's, and I really like your labels....

WOW! I'm tired just thinking about all the work you did Waldo! I hope i have as much fun as you....
smiley1.gif

Wow Waldo, great job......

As a matter of fact, Im so impressed, I'm willing to let you come to my house and bottle my:

3 gallons Strawberry, 3 gallons Tangerine dream, 3 gallons scupperdine, 6 gallons scuppernong, 1.5 gallons of cherry, 6 gallons peach apricot, 6 gallons blackberry cab, 6 gallons blackberry port and 3 gallons blackberry wine................ Sigh.............

I'll wash the bottles.........................

Yes I do......... I have been putting it off for a while now, but I'm afraid it's time..........

OK jobe, get them bottles ready, I'll fly in early Saturday morning but you have to take me out to eat somewhere when I finish the bottling around noon
smiley4.gif
cause I'll have to get back home and get my yard mowed.
I did get my Muscadine labeled this morning So it's now ready to go to the cellar.
2007muscadinebottled-1.jpg

2007muscadinelabeled2.jpg

Very nice Waldo! I like the Lables too.

I've heard alot of talk of Muscadine wine what kind of taste does it have and is it a dry or sweet wine?

I finished this on off a little sweet chevy. The Muscadine flavor is more detectable in the sweeter version. I can only say that it tastes like..........Muscadines !!

Chevy, while Waldos at winestock maybe you an me could make a road trip to Ark, and raid the Cats Meow Cellar..if we could get past that guard dog!
smiley36.gif

Homeboys! This princess loves Waldo's Muscadine wine, so I'll have something to trade you once you've pulled off the raid. I'll be sure to keep him involved in converstaions about matters of state to be sure he doesn't surprise you.

Back