Wanted To Post About My Mystery Grape!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I was half kidding by the way. It’s pretty cool to have such a rare grape- and enough to get 10gal of it too.
And I totally agree with your plan. Make it straight- as is - and will give you a good handle on how to make and/or blend in the future. Sounds like a fun little project.
And if someone happened to offer big bucks for the grapes at harvest to make and sell?? Well that’d be pretty cool too I think.
Ive got about 35-40 vines i planted a bunch of cuttings off them. They are heavy producers like you would not believe it. Im going to take a picture of all the clusters on them.

Im planning over time to keep planting small cuttings and increase to somewhere around 150 vines. Which would be a huge amount. I was told that it might be good for making Rose type wine, and that if it makes a red wine its possibly going to be a lighter red. I wont know untill i make it. Because in the past really the only way it was used was blended in field blends in tiny amounts so i dont know if anyone actually made a 100% Criolla Mediana based wine.

Theirs variants such as criolla,criolla chica, criolla grande, criolla mediana which is mine. But each is different while they all have same parent vines several are white and a couple are red so they inherited different traits from the parent vines.
Congrats again. This has been a great story. And as you said - it will be an excellent project.

At
Glad you got the vine ID. Now good luck with this interesting project!
At least it wasnt like something super common lol,not that i would have minded i just wanted to have a cool story.

Oh wow, the mystery is solved. This is exciting! Very cool story to go with it, indeed. You lucky duck.

Oh wow, the mystery is solved. This is exciting! Very cool story to go with it, indeed. You lucky duck.
And to boot I know who originally planted the vines that the cuttings came from. So I'm going to make a label kind of related to the ancestor who planted them.

Back