• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to buy Muscadine Juice or Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garymc

Reaction score
I need to buy some muscadines or muscadine juice. I have a batch of wine going and it's too high in alcohol. I'll be travelling down Interstate 55 on about the last day of Nov/first day of Dec from Missouri to Orange Beach, Alabama. Then returning north on Dec 9 or 10. If anybody has some muscadines frozen or some juice that I could buy or knows of a vineyard along this route, let me know.

To clarify: I'll be driving down or back up I 55 in Mississippi, with only the most southern part of the route going through Alabama.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help you in getting any grapes but what is the alcohol of the wine and how much wine are you talking about.

I have 20 gallons that is dry below 1.000 sg and at least 15% alcohol and another 12 or so gallons stuck at about 1.038 sg after 2 different yeasts that should go to 18% have been killed. I think I might bottle some of the 15% dry stuff for my own use. I could stabilize the rest and blend them to backsweeten what's left of the 20 gallons, but putting 18% sweet stuff in with 15% dry stuff only solves a backsweetening issue (without converting the 1.038 sugar to alcohol) and leaves me with some rocket fuel. I could easily dilute it with water, but if that left me with watery wine, there's not much fix for that. I'm thinking some juice and water added to stabilized wine to assure some flavor and get the alcohol down to 12 or 13%.

Try "Old Millington Vineyard & Winery", they are about 8 or 10 miles North of Memphis. I talked to him this summer about Muscadines and he told me he buys all of his juice out of Florida, but he does have some muscadine vines. You could call him as ask, nothing to loose. His Number is 901-873-4114.
Semper Fi

Back