WineXpert Waldo's Lodi Ranch II Cabarnet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeyWaldo,
I have a cab kit that I got from George and going to start it as soon as my 3 primarys are empty from my son's wedding wine. I was also wondering about all the oak powder and chips. Glad you went over it before I got started. Looks great and like everyone else can't wait to follow your progess.
About the storm celler. I have been looking at store cellers on line and the one that you have for several reasons. One is I want to build an undergrand wine celler, I would like to have a storm celler (just in case) and last I am thinking about getting one for my Mom and Dad as you know live close to you and Tornadoes are a real problem for you guys. Let me know Please, about your process with having this one put in. Did they have any hidden charges, was it installed on the time, and would you recommend them (this company) to a friend?

ScubaDon said:
HeyWaldo,
I have a cab kit that I got from George and going to start it as soon as my 3 primarys are empty from my son's wedding wine. I was also wondering about all the oak powder and chips. Glad you went over it before I got started. Looks great and like everyone else can't wait to follow your progess.
About the storm celler. I have been looking at store cellers on line and the one that you have for several reasons. One is I want to build an undergrand wine celler, I would like to have a storm celler (just in case) and last I am thinking about getting one for my Mom and Dad as you know live close to you and Tornadoes are a real problem for you guys. Let me know Please, about your process with having this one put in. Did they have any hidden charges, was it installed on the time, and would you recommend them (this company) to a friend?

Scuba, I'm not surfe if the company that installed mine in 1985 is still in business but if they are I would highly recommend them to anyone. No hidden cost, job done on schedule, no mess left, hell you woulda thought George had put it in for me.
smiley36.gif

The name of the company was the Kuykendall company. I would highly recommend the latest technology though if it is within your budget and that is what they call a safe room.

Nice Waldo!

This was the first kit I made last fall. I really like. I haven't tried a bottle since a few months ago. Will have to try one when I go home tonight.

Hey Waldo,
One of the storm shelters that I was looking at can be found at http://www.usstormshelters.com/original.html
Not sure if this like your or not but from the pictures you posted it sure likes the same. It comes in 2 different sizes and looks pretty basic. My land is flat and I don't have a slop to install it into. I was also thinking about building my own but have to price it out to see which one is the best deal.

ScubaDon said:
Hey Waldo,
One of the storm shelters that I was looking at can be found at http://www.usstormshelters.com/original.html
Not sure if this like your or not but from the pictures you posted it sure likes the same. It comes in 2 different sizes and looks pretty basic. My land is flat and I don't have a slop to install it into. I was also thinking about building my own but have to price it out to see which one is the best deal.

That is exactly the same one I have Scuba

The cab is fermenting vigirously now and has the awesome aroma that tells you this one is going to be a good one.
cabfermentingstrong.jpg

The temp is holding pretty steady at 70 to 72degrees

Off the topic, but I can never see any of the pictures Waldo posts. Only the text. I've run into this numerous times in viewing his posts. I don't seem to have a problem seeing pictures posted by others...wierd. I feel like I'm missing half of the story! Still a great text tutorial Waldo!

Waldo....about the photos.....are you deleting them from PhotoBucket after you Post them here????

I Post my photos to my Posts from PhotoBucket too...I noticed that if I delete them on that Site...then they no longer show up here....So I have been leaving the photos on the PhotoBucket Site for a while...till this Post gets stale.

Just a thought.

*Personally I am still seeing the photos on this Post....Maybe they are still in my computer memorey [I don't understand computers much]

However...on some of my own Posts I can't see my own photos here if I delete them in PhotoBucket...If I put them back in PhotoBucket, then they show up on the Post again...so go-figure that one...?Edited by: Northern Winos

WineNewbie said:
Off the topic, but I can never see any of the pictures Waldo posts. Only the text. I've run into this numerous times in viewing his posts. I don't seem to have a problem seeing pictures posted by others...wierd. I feel like I'm missing half of the story! Still a great text tutorial Waldo!

This most likely is due to your internet browser blocking access to the site where they are posted and in Waldo's case is Photobucket.com.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You need to lower your security settings or add this as a trusted site. What are you using as an internet browser?

Masta,

You must be right. I'm on at home right now on my laptop and can see the pictures. It's only at work that I can't see them I guess. Using Internet Explorer both places. I'll check the security settings at work, although my boss probably thinks I should be working
smiley36.gif

Northern Winos said:
Waldo....about the photos.....are you deleting them from PhotoBucket after you Post them here????

No, I leave them there NW. If you delete them your pictures go away as you have discovered.

Racked the Cab from Primary fermenter to carboy this morning. Actually I guess the term "racked" is a bit incorrect as I attached a hose to the spigot on my fermenter and drained the wine to the carboy at an SG of 1.010. Still has a fruity taste and the oak is beginning to be detectable.

DSCN0003-8.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Waldo....are you going to add more oak...or was there enough contact in the primary???

That wine is an awesome color!!!!

I think it is going to be fine as it is NW but will reserve final decision until fermentation has completed.

Waldo, where did you get hydrometer with the large numbers? Or, is that the camera

enlarging them? Thanks.

Mack
smiley17.gif

It's the camera Mack...wish they made one with larger numbers though

Back