Waldo's Black Currant Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo said:
Well, it looks like we have a concensu
When I got ready to rack my Currant from primary, I had no more empty carboys so I had to rack my Muscadine from a 5 gallon carboy into 5 one gallon jugs. NEVER ENOUGH CARBOYS !!!
I oaked the Muscadine with Light Toast French and will let it bulk age like this for about 6 weeks and then bottle.
DSCN0009-2.jpg

Waldo...When you are bulk aging in one gallon jugs do you always just put the lid on it, or will you put air locks??? Just curious...
Also, will you leave those oak sticks in for the full 6 weeks???
Are those jugs of Muscadine Wine made from the steam juice or made the regular way????
Full of questions aren't I....
smiley25.gif

NW..I normally use airlocks when bulk aging in whatever size jug/carboy but this situation caught ne short of airlocks so it will be the caps until next wek when I can get by the Spriong Valley Water place and pick me up another 5 gallon carboy and at that time this wine will alll go back to it. The oak will probably stay in the full 6 weeks. Iwill start tasting after the 3rd week and decide from that. It could be shorter or it could be longer. The wine is from the steamed juice.

Did not get one bmorosco. I have decided to just wait until this weekend and I will be bottling my Blueberry mead and Campbells Early grape so I will have a couple free.

bmorosco said:
I like B as well looks great.. Waldo How did you come up with the Cats Meow Winery Name??

I coined it from a phrasemy Dad used to use whenever he was pleased with something. He would always say, " Now thats the Cats Meow"
I first used it on a Muscadine I had made early on in my winemaking career and it just seemed fitting so it stuck. Most who know me and my love of cats are surprised to learn that it is not from my love of cats that the name was born.

Latest posts

Back