Waldo's Black Currant Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it looks like we have a concensus on the label for my black currant which is happily bubbling away.

DSCN0032.jpg

When I got ready to rack my Currantfrom primary, I had no more empty carboys so I had to rack my Muscadine from a 5 gallon carboy into 5 one gallon jugs. NEVER ENOUGH CARBOYS !!!
I oaked the Muscadine with Light Toast French and will let it bulk age like this for about 6 weeks and then bottle.
DSCN0009-2.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Actually not a table cloth per se NW. It;s just a piece of fabric I picked up and will use to put on the table to keep my wines from scratching it up.
Right now I have Plum, Muscadine, Campbells Early Grape, Rasberry, Apple/Rasberry, Blueberry Mead, Blackberry Port, Black Currant, Green Apple Riesling and er uhhhhh I think thats all !!!!

I spy with my little eye a floor corker in the background. Italian or Portuguese there Waldo

My mouth is watering...can hardly wait for 'Happy Hour'....don't they have an Emoticon with drool????
smiley2.gif

Sorry NW but the picture you posted, I think, was not there.

Edited by: wadewade

wadewade said:
Sorry NW but the picture you posted, I think, was not there.

I didn't post a photo...just a Drool Icon...did it come through, or did you get the dreaded little RED X</font>????

bmorosco, have you ever had a fruit wine either commercial or homemade?

Waldo said:
Well, it looks like we have a concensu
When I got ready to rack my Currantfrom primary, I had no more empty carboys so I had to rack my Muscadine from a 5 gallon carboy into 5 one gallon jugs. NEVER ENOUGH CARBOYS !!!
I oaked the Muscadine with Light Toast French and will let it bulk age like this for about 6 weeks and then bottle.
DSCN0009-2.jpg

Waldo, is that a straw in the jugs? does it help with fermentation?

Wade is right Linda, it is oak. Might not be a bad idea though to put straws in em. Could do some easy taste testing that way
smiley36.gif

Waldo,

What type of oak is that? I've seen the spirals, chips, cubes, beans, and dust, but not a stick like that.

wadewade said:
bmorosco, have you ever had a fruit wine either commercial or homemade?

I had on at a wine tasting and I was very pleased with the aroma and feel it was a apple wine .. But I have never had like Raspberry or things of that type looking forward to it..

Latest posts

Back