Waldo's Apple Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful.........
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

As the Apple is dominant in mine I know it will not finish out nearly as dark as yours but on tasting the must this evening I have hopes of how it will be. I did add another 2 tsp acid blend and made a yeast starter which I will pitch before retiring tonight

Would it be ok to make a raspberry wine and an apple wine seperate and then combine them when bottling?

Welcome Gelu Liber, you absolutely could mix the 2. We do it all the
time after we rack tha wine a couple of times and start ending up short
under the airlock. Glad to have you aboard and dont be shy about
picking our brains. Theres always someone who can answer your question
and usually very quickly. The one dumb question is one that isn't asked.

20060920_015237_apple_rasberry_.jpg
Have a verygood fermentation going. Hardly any foam at all.

Edited by: Waldo

wadewade said:
Thats a mighty pretty color there Waldo.

Thanks Wade.It may finish out a little darker than I had anticipated which will be fine with me.

Racked my Apple/Rasberry to carboy this morning. Had a nice fruity flavor and nose with the Rasberry coming through a lot better than I had anticipated. The color was darker than I though it would be too which is fine with me.

applerasberryracked92206-1.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Looks like your going to get the Rosé you were after...yummmm!!!!The Raspberries really have a lot of flavor in wine....but your apple flavor will be there too....love it!!
smiley4.gif

Waldo, that looks terrific. I have to start another Vintners Harvest
Black Currant. My wifes only got 7 bottles left. That is her favorite!
smiley20.gif

Then you better get it going podner..gotta keep the missus happy
smiley1.gif

You know it. I'm off to Maltose Express tomorrow morning. I'm probably putting his kids through college single handedly.
smiley36.gif
smiley19.gif

Edited by: wadewade

looks fantastic, waldo.

i'm juicing my sister's apples (tiny little green ones that the horses usually get, if I don't get to it first) bit by bit, and I hope I'll have enough for a gallon. If not, I might just try this recipe, since the color looks so beautiful.

WALDO, THAT LOOK GOOD GOOD GOOD
WHY SO MUCH AIR SPACE IN CORBOY?

cowiche wa st.

R.E.T.

RET,
When you rack to the secondary, the ferment is still going. You want to hold the level down like Waldo has so it doesn't foam out the airlock. Waldo puts the extra from the batch if he has it in a small bottle fitted with an airlock. After you rack it off again after fermenting most of the way, you top the carboy up to about 2 inches below the bungwith the contents of the small bottle. If you don't have enough top up with a like wine or a little water as a last resort.

Latest posts

Back