Vineyard at sunrise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was zooming in to see if you had a cat joining you on the kayak, and do I see a tire floating in the water? :(
Oh gosh no!!
My house is up a hill to the left. Earlier this year I was cutting a hemlock into rounds and 2-3 pieces got away from me. It's an incredible sight to watch a round avoid every single obstacle to roll all the way to the pond! I was amazed! You'd swear the Hand of God was involved!😂

Speaking of water, I had to be at the beach to gather shells and I saw some interesting kelp. First thing I thought is “Dave would definitely make kelp wine”

Oh gosh no!!
My house is up a hill to the left. Earlier this year I was cutting a hemlock into rounds and 2-3 pieces got away from me. It's an incredible sight to watch a round avoid every single obstacle to roll all the way to the pond! I was amazed! You'd swear the Hand of God was involved!😂

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Speaking of water, I had to be at the beach to gather shells and I saw some interesting kelp. First thing I thought is “Dave would definitely make kelp wine”
Uuhh, maybe....!
Two thoughts pop into my head - salt and how does it taste? Asian markets have all kinds of dried seaweed products but I'd rather try fresh.

And on a related note - pond algae! Chlorella and spirulina are considered super foods. Even duckweed is edible. But the flavor? It's always about the taste. I'll have to wait till next year. It's on the list. 😊

You posted a lovely photo.

I fully admit, I am too lazy to get up to meet a sunrise. And living on a mountain with a slope the east of us, we do not see sunrise here much anyway.

But I love a good sunset.

Peace and serenity of a sunset looking south, over one of my vineyards in January 2014, with a lake and 13th century castle in the background (and some annoying modern power lines.... ).

2014-01-03 16.02.47.jpg

Uuhh, maybe....!
Two thoughts pop into my head - salt and how does it taste? Asian markets have all kinds of dried seaweed products but I'd rather try fresh.

And on a related note - pond algae! Chlorella and spirulina are considered super foods. Even duckweed is edible. But the flavor? It's always about the taste. I'll have to wait till next year. It's on the list. 😊

Coincindentally.... https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/17/europe/early-europeans-seaweed-dental-plaque-scn/index.html

Latest posts

Back