vacuum pump regulator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triebenbach07

TheJeffness
Reaction score
I recently came across a vacuum pump for pretty cheap that I am confident will work well for the wine making processes. However, I will need a vacuum regulator for this.
Is there an inexpensive option for this. I would greatly appreciate any input here; links would be great too.

Thanks in advance.
-Jeff

I recently came across a vacuum pump for pretty cheap that I am confident will work well for the wine making processes. However, I will need a vacuum regulator for this.
Is there an inexpensive option for this. I would greatly appreciate any input here; links would be great too.

Thanks in advance.
-Jeff

I hope the vacuum pump is oil-less ? and a vacuum cannister to protect liquid going into the pump and locking it up

You always could use a 1/4 turn valve with an inline vacuum gauge to adjust your vacuum , but it will change as you will manually have to to keep readjusting it.

Last edited:
Regulators depending on the brand and how many valves can range from $25 to $100.

You can check your auto parts store - they have regulators as well.

Check craigslist as well - I have found some regulators on there for pretty cheap..

I know i will need a cannister as a liquid filter. A 1/4-turn valve is just too touchy me me. I'd rather not have to constantly feather the "throttle"

I will keep an eye on CL.

Keep the thoughts coming, thanks!

I think he or she is looking for 1 with a gauge on it. They can be pretty pricey thats for sure. I have 1 I can sell you cheap but I think it needs a new gauge which you can get new in the link below. Im not sure right now if its the correct gauge though as there are 2 sizes with the stems. Some use 1/8 MPT and some use 1/4 MPT. The gauge is like $27 plus shipping. Truthfully Im not even sure if it needs a new gauge or if the old pump I have is the issue, I keep it as a a spare pump in case mine ever died while doing wine work but tired of it hanging around. It fits on a Shcuco pump.
http://www.mountainside-medical.com/products/Vacuum-Gauge-For-Suction-Machines.html

Yes Bailey that is a good vacuum gauge - but there is no gauge readings that I saw. I will try and find where I purshased my 2'' round vacuum gauges for approx 7 dollars. I believe triebenbach07 is also looking for a vacuum regulator set-up

vacuumpumpman- the pic. is a generic pic. the gauge I have shows inches Hg up to 30". Works well or me - that gauge along with the regulator I mentioned in the previous post makes a good setup for me.

vacuumpumpman- the pic. is a generic pic. the gauge I have shows inches Hg up to 30". Works well or me - that gauge along with the regulator I mentioned in the previous post makes a good setup for me.

That is good!! I have enough trouble reading small print as it is - I defintley do not have the patience to look at a gauge without numbers (LOL)

Just remember when buying the gauge that there are 2 sizes of threads like I said earlier. I believe the 1/8 MPT is about 5/16" in diameter and the 1/4 MPT is about 7/16" if I remember correctly. Dont quote me on that though as it might be 7/16" and 9/16".

Just remember when buying the gauge that there are 2 sizes of threads like I said earlier. I believe the 1/8 MPT is about 5/16" in diameter and the 1/4 MPT is about 7/16" if I remember correctly. Dont quote me on that though as it might be 7/16" and 9/16".

Actually, I am a mechanical designer by trade; NPT fittings are becoming second nature to me. I still appreciate the concern.

I think I may have found a cheap regulator that will work. ...Cheap enough to just buy and try.

Thanks again for all the help

Back