Other US Elite winery supplies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of them. Very interesting though

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I filled out an order and they were ready to ship to my house. I think the trick is checking out as a guest. If you register an account with them you need a ein# and a business name. They list the kits as "for the home wine maker".

Last edited:
I just tried to order without registering and it was letting me go through. $60 for shipping a desert wine kit. I never heard of this company. I am impressed by what I saw but the shipping would kill me. Now the funny part, I am researching doing the exact same thing almost identical to what they are doing except on a smaller scale and limited variety.

The chocolate cherry sounds delicious. It doesn't have any details about it tho. It doesn't even say if it makes 6 gallons

I think I may have posted on us elite before but I have been using them for a while now. Have a small business so use my tax Id. As for quality they are all smaller format but that does not affect the product particularly the whites have all been great. Side by side with ecplise white everyone choice us elite one. Reds are not as full body as some would like but after some barrel aging they also turn out great. I know some companies resell them online for example bluestem winery out of Iowa but I am not endorsing their business since I know they do not advertise on here.

Thanks for the review. I might try a white kit and see how it turns out. They have grape packs listed in there products but no way to add it to your cart. If the white turns out good. Ill inquire about getting a red with a grape pack.

I've been ordering for 2 years and they are Always out of grape packs. If u like Chardonnay they have a good one and I recommend stirring on the lees for 2 months before clearing. Use d47 or q23 yeast. Also i make their resiling and gewrtraimer both dry which are great. They usually just include ec1118 with all there kits cause its foolproof.

I used them for years for my commercial winery mostly whites. I believe they are owned by one of the kit wine makers. basically the kits are no show but have all the fundamental elements. A tax number is the best for registering .

Agreed whites are better in smaller volume kits. Salcoco. If you remember which whites stood out the best that you made from them and did you do any tweaking, changing yeast, cool ferment, or sur lees. Thanks for the help.

We made Riesling and Semillon.no tweaking except bench trials post fermentation to achieve a balanced wine. usually added some sugar syrup to achieve marketing to commercial customers who preferred a sweet wine. We used the 19 liter pails

Thanks for sharing always Good to hear what has worked for others. I am making my way thru all there juices trying to see which ones I prefer. Have made all the whites except the semillon. But I keep them dry so not sure how the semillon will taste if kept dry.

I have made about 10 of their kits and have had excellent results. The reds are great! I couldn't fine grape packs so I re-used a pack I had used in a kit that had one. I now have grape packs and I am making a repeat kit to see the difference. I have made mostly red but I did make the Sauvignon Blanc and I think it is excellent. It tastes a lot like a Marborough Sauvingnon Blank.

I searched this company on the board before posting a new thread. I recently tried to check out as a guest and there is no "guest" option anymore that I could see. I'm interested to see what the quality is with this; but if the cost of shipping is almost as high as the product itself, it's probably not worth pursuing to me.

I searched this company on the board before posting a new thread. I recently tried to check out as a guest and there is no "guest" option anymore that I could see. I'm interested to see what the quality is with this; but if the cost of shipping is almost as high as the product itself, it's probably not worth pursuing to me.

I have done several of their kits, all reds, and they have been outstanding. I have the OVZ in primary now and a tempranillo waiting in the wings. I purchased a 6 pack case of their grape skins a while back and they seem quite nice. I used one on their Cabernet sauvingon kit, now bulk aging. I started this kit 4/10/15 and followed instructions. Added 3 oz Super Tuscan blend of cubes from Midwest. This wine, at 4 months from pitching yeast, is outstanding. It tastes aged and nearly ready. I think this wine will be good by Thanksgiving and special by Easter. I have done the shiraz, the merlot, the OVZ and cab several years ago. They are terrific and easy to use.

I seem to recall they have a $150 minimum order to avoid extra shipping charges so I order at least 2 at a time. If you can find a way get some, the product will not disappoint.

It appears that I need to have an EIN to business with these folks, though. No "guest" option available.

I have an acquaintance who 'manufactured' a tax ID number and has never had an issue getting product. They don't seem to verify the info, at least they didn't at the time they applied. Depends on how 'creative' you want to be. Maybe use a friend's tax ID or have them order for you.

I have an acquaintance who 'manufactured' a tax ID number and has never had an issue getting product. They don't seem to verify the info, at least they didn't at the time they applied. Depends on how 'creative' you want to be. Maybe use a friend's tax ID or have them order for you.

In my line of work, I need to be squeaky clean. I might find a friend with an EIN and see if they're interested in making a purchase, though. Making one up is probably a bad idea for me.

Latest posts

Back