upright after corking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20090104_144951_IMG_1611.JPG

Nice, very nice!!!! I would be living outside if I tried that I believe!
smiley36.gif

Well My wife and daughter drink a minimum of 2 bottles a day if I am not home in the evening (do to my work schedule). When I am home we go thru 3 or more. I also donate alot and give some out. So, you see I need to make alot.
Of course I bring some to our monthly wine club meetings.
I also make alot of fruit wines like Peach, Strawberry Cranberry and Blueberry

i use number 9 as well from what i have read here i should be letting stay upright...i have never done that if rack space was available...no leaks....i guess luck was on my side

i was thinking that as firm as they go in they must be ok and i always thought that a wet cork was needed pronto thus you have my reason

i am not averse to letting them stand a day or three except that it means i have to *touch* all the bottles one extra time

tepe..i would have a wine colored rug by now
smiley4.gif

because when i spill wine, which is all the time...on my tiled wine cellar floor, i take my feet and rub itaway w my socks and its gone....cant do that on a carpet, it just sops up in the carpet...so i would have to buy a purple carpet

:)

smiley36.gif

I see you make Amarone. How did it come out and what was your recipe?
Did you sell it? for $$

ahem....i am not licensed yet....so selling winewould beillegal at this point in timeand i dont do illegal things :) :) :)

but i did have some of my wines rated by two people that are beyond my normal circle...one is a reputable and established vineyard and winery owner in CA, and also an event manager for a very large organization that everyone would know...on a lark i did askhimwhat each of my wines would sell for......and i am very please w those numbersand the comments about the wines

i do not take any of my wines to events or contests because personally i value smiles and comments from every day people moreand i just do not need any more than that..i am not belittling blue ribbons...they DO have their place...its just that i recall winning a schoolwide spelling bee when i was in fifth grade and i recall realizing that it didnt make me a better person...so i keep the wine making to that of a sharing because afterall..i didnt create the grapes..i didnt create the processes

while i do tweak recipes, i still like to keep it simple, although like you i make all the wine permitted by law....lots of friends and relatives, you know the story.

Al,
I know wahtyou mean. I like the comments of my fellow winemakers group over the "contest". Been told to enter. I do it sometimes and win something usually. That just isnt in my bag. I will however enter WineMakers competitionin the next few months. In the past I was a winner when entered
After all I make for ME and my family

I think I read somewhere that with one of the types of corks you do not need to lay them down and can keep them in the up right position. Has anyone heard of this?

Yes the synthetic ones.

Reason is normally you would want to keep the cork moist. No need to with the synthetic ones

Does that only apply to the full synthetics or can you keep the Perfect Agglomerates standing up too?

Latest posts

Back