Update on the OOPS!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
I tried to post pictures on the original post but wasn't able to do so. Thisis the Pineapple White Grape that overflowed in the primary. I added the sorbate and will now let it bulk age.
20100303_164606_003_Small.JPG
20100303_164919_002_Small.JPG
20100303_165237_003_Small.JPG

I still think that sounds like a great combination Barney. How does it taste? The color is looking great.

I have to ask, why is the string tied around the primary? There to remind you to turn the heat off?

I think I might see a heating pad on the backside of that bucket as I look closer. The string would hold that in place and that would explain the thermostat on the cord. Am I close Mr Barney?

I wish I could find a stick-on thermostat like the one you are using. It looks to have a longer scale than mine, which only goes to 78 degrees F.

George's says it is dual scale, but the picture of it is just like mine - single scale and stops at 78.

That thermo looks exactly like the ones I bought from George awhile ago. I also have different ones I bought locally that have different scales on it as its more geared towards brewing beer, It has ale on one side and lagers on the other.

It's a pain when it stops at 78, cause my fermentor temp doesn't.
It makes me crazy not knowing where it actually is.
smiley29.gif

I may call George and get a confirmation as to exactly which one he carries.

The string is on a heating pad. It is a sunbeam that we bought years ago. I like for winemaking because the control is infinite.
I got the thermometer strips from George a couple of years ago. The temp goes to 82F. I looked on my order history and it is a #5426 (George's #) dual scale thermometer. I think the wine is going to be very good. It tastes great now although a little hot with sulfite.

If it goes above 78 its time to unplug the brew belt!

Get one of George's floating thermometers. They go up higher than 78. You can just leave them in the must if you want (while in primary)

DancerMan said:
It's a pain when it stops at 78, cause my fermentor temp doesn't.It makes me crazy not knowing where it actually is.
smiley29.gif
I may call George and get a confirmation as to exactly which one he carries.

Back