WineXpert Twisted Mist Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Runningwolf did. I corrected the spelling on the header fpr you, hope you dont mind

Sorry for the Spelling...."Twisted Mist"

Alcohol:

Standard bar cocktails (1.5 ounces alcohol with 4 ounces mix) are 12% ABV (alcohol by volume). After all,without alcohol cocktails are mocktails! Twisted Mist produces 12% ABV at bottling, giving the kick you expect, with great taste, authentic, premiumflavors and a extremely smooth finish.

Summertime:

Cocktails are a great complement to summertime BBQ’s which is why Twisted Mist will be made available mid-April 2010, just in time for patio and BBQ season. Twisted Mist ISspecial and will only be available for a short time,so if you want to stock your cellar for the winter you should buy extra before we run out.

Volume:

Twisted Mist will produce 6 gallons of finished cocktails, that's thirty 750ml bottles of great tasting wine-based cocktails! These cocktail kits are inthe new larger 10 liter format. Making them BIGGER in flavor and BIGGER in value. This is a PREMIUM REFRESHMENT BEVERAGE!

Fun and Funky:

The atmosphere around cocktails is fun and lighthearted with the anticipation of pleasure! Twisted Mist IS fun and enticing for you and your friends. Winexpert and Quality Wine and Ale Supply has given Twisted Mist massiveattitude and flavor you won't be able to resist.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

20100425_122103_twisted_mist.jpg

I picked up the strawberry margarita - it was screaming for me to buy so..... The BPV orchard breezn kit went so well with the coconut rum that I plan on adding a bottle of tequila to half of it.
Unfortunately it will not be started until August or Sept.

VSC, no problem with the spelling, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what you were talking about. The back is about the same and will be this way forever until the day it gets worse which is when I dread! Those Twisted Mist kits do sound pretty darn good for Deck Weather!

I was going to get this kit but my local dealer wanted $90 for it and I was not prepared to spend that much on a patio wine with no reviews. I would be interested in knowing how it is also. You would have thought Wine Expert would have discounted them the first year so more people would be willing to try them out.

Just found out yesterday that my local guy is going to be $ 84 + 7.8% tax. I agree with RW, pretty high for a summertime drink. Would rather do IM and add some fruit for sangria.

Don't forget this is a limited edition kit and it has a bit more then the usual mist alcohol level. The kit is also 10L instead of WE's 7.5L for their regular IM kits. Also you will not see many reviews because this is the first time its been offered. My experience with WE kits in general however makes me question this will really be ready to drink this summer, which is why I am in no hurry and I expect it to be ready next spring.
Still the Twisted Strawberry Margarita wine a blender, some frozen strawberries a bit of tequila sounds pretty nice. Or if I am feeling really just open a bottle - no extras needed!

I started the mojito 1 week ago, will let you know as things progress.

My local guy is selling them for $75 which is the lowest I have heard of.

Bottled 2 batches of Strawberry Margarita and 2 batches of Mojito last week. The Mojito is good but has no fizz like a real Mojito. Solution: Added Club Soda to the glass and solved the problem. Much easier than making a Mojito from scratch. Since we have peppermint in the garden, I throw a couple of mint leaves in the glass just to fool everyone. Would make this again. Not really a 'Strawberry' Margarita fan but this is not bad either. Rim the Margarita Glass with sugar and stick a strawberry or a lime wedge on the rim. I supposed you could add a dash of tequilla but it's not necessary. For friends that like Strawberry Margaritas, they seem to be popular at our house. Would probably make this one again also. Can't wait to see what WE comes up with next.

Finally got around to making the strawberry margarita and boy is this good! The game plan is to let it age a bit bottling in January or so. Strawberries will be ready in March around here so I'll pick up a bunch and steam juice them freezing the juice in ice cube trays. The wine some frozen strawberry juice, a little tequila and a blender should be perfect for the summer!

The Strawberry Margarita is now bottled, labeled and put away until summer. To be fair it's really good right now, smooth with no alcohol burn, but common sense tells me its gonna be fantastic porch wine for our "Florida summer" with a bit more aging. Actually today would be a good day to test that idea.

20110131_140317_2011-01-31_13-3.jpg

MADE BOTH OF THSE KITS BOOSTED UP THE ABV. ,THAT THEN MADE THEM TASTE EXCEPCINALLY GOOD,EVERYONE LIKES THEM THERE A GREAT PARTY WINE,.WILL PROBLEY DO ANOTHER TWO IN THE SUMMER.........

I just noticed that they have a Lime Margarita coming out in April of this year...... should be good!

BY THEN MY WIFE AND A HER LADY FRIENDS WILL HAVE DEPLETED MY STOCK AND A MOHTO AND I GUESS A LIME MARGARRETTA WILL BE IN ORDER.......
smiley2.gif

diggerdan17 said:
I just noticed that they have a Lime Margarita coming out in April of this year...... should be good!

As well as a Cranberry Malbec.

These are not the typical mist style wines as the alcohol level finishes much higher. The SG on mine started at 1096 and finished at 996.

when i got done mine was at10% abv.,by removing the amount of wine then adding the fpac,adding back the wine to taste it works out much better than any wine cooler could finish out......
smiley2.gif

Getting a late start with the kit here. Is it okay to drink right away? I hope so cos I am only starting it this week!

Latest posts

Back