Tropical Breeze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transferred the Tropical Breeze from the primaries to the carboys. Didn't think 40 lbs of fruit would produce that much juice. I added about 2 1/4 gallons of water to each primary in hopes of ending with 7-8 gallons total. Well, I ended up with a 2 carboys full. I'll rack off those heavy lees and 2 weeks and see what we end up with. Should be around 8+ gallons.

I must say, it smells wonderful at this point.

Racked and stabilized this am. SZG at .994 and not dropping any. I'll super kleer one carboy and sparkoloid the other so that I can do a comparison of clearing for each. Vary aromatic and the taste is very flavorful. This will definately be a very good tasting fruit wine when complete. I would definatley not hesitate to use this same recipe again and again.

Looking forward to June so that I can taste this one. Will definately be ready to go for the 2nd annual Stranger Danger get together if there is one.

Racked last night. Only small amount of sediment fell in one carboy, racking cane slipped and stirred it up. I have 9 1/2 gallons. Will back sweeten at next racking. Currently almost 2 months into the process. Can't wait to try it out.

This is a wine that everybody loves. I even have 8 gallons of tropical breeze skeeter pee. It looks wonderful. Bet that will also be a hit.

Yeast was added just over 24 hours after all the other ingredients were added. I figured the temp was low and likely the cause. I'm in the process of increasing now and will be picking up a brew belt hopefully today.

I'll be patient. I promise.

I've been using a heating pad to raise temperature. Seems to work just fine.

Back sweetened to 1.006, adjusted the acid to .72%ish. Think I'll pick up 2 bags of fruit and make an f pac to bring some fruity taste back into this. 10 lbs of fruit should yield about 3/4 gallon of juice. I'll simmer down and add slowly. No Doubt will have to let settle out quite some time. Need to get this soon. Was hoping for a sample at the May get together.

Steaming 10 lbs of fruit as I type. Tomorrow I'll simmer this down to about 1/2 the total quantity and then add to the Tropical Breeze. Should be quite tasty.

Steaming 10 lbs of fruit as I type. Tomorrow I'll simmer this down to about 1/2 the total quantity and then add to the Tropical Breeze. Should be quite tasty.

Simmer it to less than 1/2

I checked the acid and sg of the tropical breeze tonight. I decided I need to adjust sg just a tad. I will be adjusting sg to 1.015 for an initial final sg. My acid is currently at .705 which is an acceptable level. PH was 3.34 again, acceptable. It is still tasting a bit tart so later this week I will adjust sg to the stated sg above.

I'm starting this tonight and a BIG THANKS to Julie for her coaching and putting up with my "challenged" wine making questions.

I have been watching this thread and I am tempted to try this wine. Tell me, did stabilization also include sorbate? I don't remember hearing anyone mentioning using it; I'll assume you do, since you are backsweetening.

This really does sound good.

I have been watching this thread and I am tempted to try this wine. Tell me, did stabilization also include sorbate? I don't remember hearing anyone mentioning using it; I'll assume you do, since you are backsweetening.

This really does sound good.

Yes Robie sorbate is required. I backsweeten to 1.010.

I am expecting to have a taste of this.

I will do my best to get you a bottle. It's the lease I can do!

BTW it's in the primary waiting for me to add it's yeast tomorrow evening and smell really good already.

Back