Travel Case

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4score

Reaction score
Our own "NorCal" has made it to Winemaker Magazine once again. The previous time with his wine storage cabinet/room with a/c that he built and now with his wine bottle carry case that he made to bring a case of wine with him on a flight. Check it out if you get the magazine. Cheers to NorCal (Ken)!

Hey, thanks 4Score. I'll have to go check the newsstand. This came about because I wanted to bring a case of wine with me on a little vacation. I found I could fit a case of wine in a plastic case I had, fitted with some foam from the recycle bin at work. It weighed less than 50 lbs, so it flew free!

BE423717-BD46-4804-B476-C3270AB2FD72.jpg

Reminds me of a scene from "Bottle Shock". :D

Nice work. Can you make one that'll fit in the overhead bin? :)

congrats norcal!!!

So when are you accepting orders for that travel case???

Not sure there is a biz there, but you can borrow mine anytime you want. I'll gladly share how I made it. If you can find some foam and use an old suitcase or hard case, the cost is $5 for the glue and some time.

Hey... This came from you? Great job! I read this article a few days ago and was very impressed.

Hey... This came from you? Great job! I read this article a few days ago and was very impressed.

Thanks sdelli, it really was born out of necessity. I did not want to pay to ship or pay for extra luggage, so I got the dimensions and weights to fly free and worked backwards.

Back