Total Beginner here in NC!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlplummer

Junior
Reaction score
Hello All! I am really looking for getting into this....I am still in the info gathering mode right now! Trying to determine where to start!

Tank:"What do you need besides a miracle?"
Neo:"Carboys, lots of carboys."

at least i think thats how it goes :)

WELCOME!

sit back relax and losen up your hat cause there is a lot of information to soak in around here

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Needs:
1. Patience
2. Several carboys
3. Patience
4. Time
5. Patience

Other than that, sit back and enjoy and soak up as much knowledge as you can.

I just started making wine in July and have accumulated a lot of equipment but am still lacking with numbers 1,3 and 5. Do you know of any online stores that carry that item. ; )

Welcome to the forum. Research is good before starting out; I did the same thing. Have fun!

I just started making wine in July and have accumulated a lot of equipment but am still lacking with numbers 1,3 and 5. Do you know of any online stores that carry that item. ; )

LOL, those are the hard ones but I have found that by adding carboys, bottling, and making several batches of early drinking wine like Skeeter Pee and its variations, it helps accumulate 1, 3, & 5 where you can make wines that take longer to mature.

Most of us started where you are right now. Jump in and you will get some wine made. Then it dinda becomes an addiction. Welcome to the forum. Arne.

Thanks guys! I am going to soak it all in for a bit and then start accumulating equipment.

Welcome aboard. I am also from NC. I have been doing this going on two years and each time I make a new wine I learn something new and also wish that I had done something differently each time. It is definitely a learning process so don't get discouraged. I feel that I have learned enough to make recipe wine pretty well. I still have a lot to learn regarding testing and what to do after you test. I guess what I am saying is that starting off using recipes has been good for me but as far as knowing how to take an average wine and make it a great wine, I have a long way to go before I can do that. This website is my mentor.

Latest posts

Back