Top 3 best tasting fruit wines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethepirk

Reaction score
What would be the top 3 tasting fruit wines other than grapes?

I ask b/c I am doing a blueberry and I would like to start another fruit wine.

I have access to mangos here in south florida, but not sure if that will taste good. I am looking for some opinions on what people consider the best tasting fruit wines.

thanks....

I've made Elderberry, Strawberry, and Elderberry-Blueberry with good results. I haven't attempted a peach wine but its on the list of things to try.

Hello from Florida. Where in Florida do you live?
When you think about making wine remember about basic rule. Wine is made from the juice. Harder get juice from the fruit will be harder to make wine. Yes! You can make wine from everything what is not poison but it is good to know how much work it will cost you before you start making it. A lot depends of equipment you are going to use. I never had mango wine but I think mango has a lot of stuff what will be difficult to separate from juice/wine. I am thinking about making wine from sea grapes. I heard it is very popular on Caribbean so it will be my experiment since I don’t have any recipe.

I did a Mango last year, a lot of work but very rewarding. Be sure and freeze the pulp first, you will have lots of sediment so make a large batch. Good luck, Loren

Sour Cherry,Wild Black Rasberry, Elderberry, in that order, I also make a pretty awsome Dandilion Wine.

Boozeboy

Scuppernongs produce a very good wine, if they grow around where you are. I made a five gallon batch using the recipe on EC Kraus' website and it worked pretty darn good. You should also try jelly palm fruit. I have a recipe from here that I will be trying shortly, if you're interested in it let me know.

Made a strawberry-sweet cherry that is absolutely great. Young yet, but very good now. Then strawberry and pie cherry. Arne.

Key lime, pear, elderberry are my favs so far... Key lime is a big hit with others..

Looks like elderberry is high on everyones list! Blueberry and I almost forgot about black currant are both really good too. Reason I chose pineapple is that I could drink my three as an array. If you had blackberry, elderberry and black currant, you almost have a variation like, merlot, cab., shirah. I like a good variety. :)

Just started peach couple days ago... Looking and smelling good!! I have been told to use white peaches, less acidic and have tropical flavor

Back