Top 10 mistakes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have been mentioned as a Top 10 Mistake, but one I happened upon all by myself is:

Label your wine at the same time you bottle it. Don't try to come back later to four cases of freshly bottled wine and think, "Now, was this the Sangiovese or the Zinfandel?"

Sometime I wonder how I got this far in life.
smiley5.gif

Rocky said:
This may have been mentioned as a Top 10 Mistake, but one I happened upon all by myself is:

Label your wine at the same time you bottle it. Don't try to come back later to four cases of freshly bottled wine and think, "Now, was this the Sangiovese or the Zinfandel?"

Sometime I wonder how I got this far in life.
smiley5.gif

I also worry about this as sometimes I wait several days before labeling. I have bottling crates that hold about 33 bottles so I just transfer my tag from the carboy to the corresponding bottling crate.

I'm a little late on this thread but here ya go.....using very strong sulfite solution in my air locks on my primary and then forgetting to remove the air lock before opening the valve when racking though it into the carboy....In case your wondering.....you end up with highly sulfated wine !

Pete

Latest posts

Back