Tips and helpful info

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that tip for the sediment.
always get stuck with 2 or 3 bottles at the end with sediment in them,
as i don't have a filtering vinbrite system.
i heard though that coffee filters are good as well but slow for the liquid to penetrate it.

If this does happen - you can always put it in a 1/2 gallon container or equivalent and let it settle. It should not take long to settle out again.

If this does happen - you can always put it in a 1/2 gallon container or equivalent and let it settle. It should not take long to settle out again.

I picked up a flower vase a couple of weeks ago. It is one of those long and thin ones which is 2 foot tall and only 2 inches wide. I tip my dregs into that and let it settle then syphon off the clear stuff. Another way to do it is fill a bottle with the left sediment and when full, use a vacuvin hand held vacuum pump to extract all the air in the bottle and set it aside. In a very short time the sediment has all settled and no air has corrupted the liquid left which can be added to your finished brew or even drunk there and then, lol.

I picked up a flower vase a couple of weeks ago. It is one of those long and thin ones which is 2 foot tall and only 2 inches wide. I tip my dregs into that and let it settle then syphon off the clear stuff. Another way to do it is fill a bottle with the left sediment and when full, use a vacuvin hand held vacuum pump to extract all the air in the bottle and set it aside. In a very short time the sediment has all settled and no air has corrupted the liquid left which can be added to your finished brew or even drunk there and then, lol.

Oh, I love your idea of the 2 foot tall vase!! Can you imagine the fun at a party if you have your Riesling clearing in that vase with a few artificial flowers in it. Suddenly exclaim, "I'm SO thirsty" and grab out the flowers and gulp down the wine! Your guests might leave soon after that though…

Latest posts

Back