Time to thaw frozen bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I have a frozen bucket of White Juice. When I recieved it I put it right into a chest freezer....No time to start it....
For planning, about how many days will it take to thaw out at room temp....

Thx

You are probably not going to like this, but it depends. In my wine room bet it would take at least 5 days right now, but it is pretty cold there. I would bet it is going to take at least 3 days to get it thawed completely. If it is not innoculated with yeast, when it gets thawed some, I would hit it with k-meta unless I wanted wild yeast to ferment. Then make sure you wait at least a day to pitch your yeast on it. Things tend to take quite a while this time of year to thaw out. Keep it off a cement floor as the cement will help it stay cool. Good luck with it, Arne.

You are probably not going to like this, but it depends. In my wine room bet it would take at least 5 days right now, but it is pretty cold there. I would bet it is going to take at least 3 days to get it thawed completely. If it is not innoculated with yeast, when it gets thawed some, I would hit it with k-meta unless I wanted wild yeast to ferment. Then make sure you wait at least a day to pitch your yeast on it. Things tend to take quite a while this time of year to thaw out. Keep it off a cement floor as the cement will help it stay cool. Good luck with it, Arne.

Good advise! Be sure to put a towel underneath the bucket while thawing for she will sweat a bit.

Latest posts

Back