The 'Guess where Troy is?' thread...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that matter? I mean really? This is love between humans, but I have to ask how many have ordered things from a catalog or online without actually holding it in there hands. Does it matter?

Apparently it matters alot more to you all than her and I.

Nope. And Nope. Happy now? LOL

Thats what makes this whole thing even more intriguing.

Does that matter? I mean really? This is love between humans, but I have to ask how many have ordered things from a catalog or online without actually holding it in there hands. Does it matter?

Hey, I think that only makes the story all the more interesting and romantic. I think I shall write a screenplay about it, it will be called, "Across the Pond".

:D

And Troy, you speak of this being love between humans. Is there any other kind? I mean, maybe one day a human can love an alien, but currently there really shouldn't be any other kind. Take the story of the human who fell in love with a bridge. Not just, "Oh that's a beautiful bridge, I love it", but "OMG, that bridge is so hot, I want to make mad passionate love to it." That kind of love, yeah, just weird. lol

Does it matter, most definitely! How can you compare a object that you buy online with a human being? I would hope you are not looking at Leanne as an object that you are buying online. To actually see that person and to see their little movements, the way they interact with other people, the way they run their life that is never put into words, the movements they make when they sleep and the things they do without consicously knowing they are doing it, these are things that make you fall in love with a person. Not a conversation on a phone or words typed online, these conversations are controled by your conscious mind. These are the things that you glamorize without even knowing that you do. God help you two because you are going to need it.

Last edited:
Is there a restocking fee? LOL I agree you cannot compare Leanne to a piece of returnable merchandise. I am not sure you really meant it the way it came out.

I'm not saying that at all, nor am I comparing her or my self to an inanimate object or anything less than a sentient being.

And Maestro, you may not heve long to wait, because so far the North Pole is still covered with ice in a few more years that title may be valid, foer now it may need to be titled "Across the frozen cap" LOL

Dan is right, of course I didn't mean it the way it came out. For crying out loud, we (Leanne and I) know most everyone in here pretty well, but yet you have these aprehensions as though this is a school age crush. Lucky for me and her this isn't true.

Know I never met a bridge I loved nor a building for that matter. Hmm. Should have thought about that when I had the chance. I know, Dan is thinking "London Bridges". PHEW, she isn't from London, so that doesn't count.

As far as I'm concerned I'm happy for the two of them. I don't know why everybody seems to be a "doubting Thomas" here but I know this can WORK for them. God Bless you Troy and Leanne.

...........what?

We are going to be married Boozehag. Thanks for the congratulations.
It's really not that incredible in these days of internet dating and suchlike. We met through this site and it went from there. I'll be traveling out to Alaska in mid June.

May the Lord smile on you both and give you many happy years together:pty

My own parents met as pen pals. They didn't meet in person until the week they married. I'm sure they had many people apprehensive for them too. They had a long and happy marriage though.
Troy's sister met her husband on line and after three children and many years together are still going strong.
I also have Indian friends that had arranged marriages. They didn't meet until they married. They all seem to be very happy and have very loving families.
I have no doubt that any marriage needs constant work however it began and I believe that Troy and I are willing and able to put in the work. We truly love each other and will do whatever it takes to make it work.

I am happy for you both. May you both have endless years of happiness together.

And I hope neither of you took my questions as negative in any way. I was simply curious about the story itself. It's a great story. :D

I am happy for you both. May you both have endless years of happiness together.

And I hope neither of you took my questions as negative in any way. I was simply curious about the story itself. It's a great story. :D

No offence taken at all.:D

You two owe us no explanations nor should you have to defend yourselves. I will hoist a glass of my finest wine to you. (ok-it's just my homemade raspberry wine, but I think it's really good:D ) and wish you many years of happiness together. Is there a date set yet?

Larry

It is a great story. I can't wait for the wedding. I may even get drunk and I have only gotten drunk at my daughter's weddings.

Son of a gun Richard, you can even be the first to dance with the bride, after me of course!!! LOL

Make sure you let us know when the happy event takes place, even if we can't be there we will all drink a toast to the two of you.:hug (like we need an excuse):b

Many happy years to the both of you.:h

I want to congratulate both of you. No matter where this takes you, you both deserve credit for having the strength and courage to follow through on this. Physically, half a world apart, but emotionally in each other’s arms. I applaud you for your strength to give this a go when most people would never be willing to take that risk (and with most people telling you that you are crazy as well). We only live once – might as well live life to the fullest. I can certainly tell you that marriage isn’t easy (and I’ve only been married for 6 years), but if you are willing to work hard at it, it can be spectacular. Enjoy your journey. I plan on raising a drink on the solstice to both of you. Best wishes.

I want to congratulate both of you. No matter where this takes you, you both deserve credit for having the strength and courage to follow through on this. Physically, half a world apart, but emotionally in each other’s arms. I applaud you for your strength to give this a go when most people would never be willing to take that risk (and with most people telling you that you are crazy as well). We only live once – might as well live life to the fullest. I can certainly tell you that marriage isn’t easy (and I’ve only been married for 6 years), but if you are willing to work hard at it, it can be spectacular. Enjoy your journey. I plan on raising a drink on the solstice to both of you. Best wishes.

Thank you. That is really sweet of you.
We fully intend to make it work whatever we have to do. Troy has been there for me through some of the toughest times I have ever experienced and I feel honoured that he is willing to take this risk with me.

Back