The Great Blizzard of 08

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade:
'We are getting slammed here, I just snow blowed through 8" after driving 1 1/2 hours from a full day of work which should have taken 20 minutes normally. My back was killing me all day and even with the snowblower it just whipped me!
smiley11.gif
I require a full bottle of wine now!
smiley17.gif

'

Yea,whats up with that?

I did my long driveway with a blower and my lower back killing me too!Thats the reason I got a snowblower, to delete the backaches!

Damn this getting older stuff....

Now its snowing again, nother 5= inches expected.....

I should be happy, a my wife and I snowmobile. Oh wait, what is the weatherman saying now?

40's and 50 next week with rain!

And all my wine is "aging".Edited by: smikes

We are getting hammered again here. My back hurts from using the snowblower but no where near what it hurts from shoveling! The last time I shoveled it was because my wifes car wasnt starting so I shoveled around cause if I were to scratch her car I would never hear the end of it! My back was stiff for 3 days.

What's the matter, Wade? Are you not quite as young as you used to be?
smiley2.gif

Since the wind is still going to be going strong I suppose that I should wear a hat today!

I feel your pain, I moved to Austin Texas to escape Nebraska winter. I sold my snow blower but I kept my snow shovel. People here do not know what it is. We get an inch of snow every 5 years or more and I take it out for fun. We get an ice storm every year where I stay home and watch the circus of people trying to drive on ice.

You are all welcome to move to Austin Texas. We have plenty of reduced price houses.

Pat

Edited by: PatL

Wade I think your dog feels like all of us do about this winter- he really looks miffed! They have upped the predicted snow twice during the last hour!

I think I know why half the population of NY overwinters in Florida.........
Hey Scotty or Suprasteve, ya got an extra room?

Here in my part of Florida it is beautiful outside! Except for a brief cold spell tomorrow where the temps will drop from the mid 70's to the mid 60's we are anticipating a warm Christmas. We are thinking out going kayaking this week, it really is that nice here. And for some reason our neighborhood population seems to have doubled. We have noticed more out of state tags then normal.
VPC

Well, after 56 hours of snowing it has stopped and the sun is out. We ended up with 15" of snow here which may not be a lot to you people in upstate New York or Minn. but its quite a bit for us middle Ct'ers for 1 storm or 2 combined.

Northern Winos said:
PWP...as well as a hat, may I suggest gloves.....

I think we are going fishing....
smiley4.gif
I always wear gloves in the winter, promise. The hat is the last addition.

wade said:
Well, after 56 hours of snowing it has stopped and the sun is out. We ended up with 15" of snow here which may not be a lot to you people in upstate New York or Minn. but its quite a bit for us middle Ct'ers for 1 storm or 2 combined.

If we got 15" of snow here, everything would be closed for 4 or 5 weeks.

9 years ago when we moved here, we got 8" over a 4 day period at Christmas time and the Schools and business's were closed for the first 3 weeks in January........... I made it to work every day.....

Lots of snow today...Not much for wind...Just those big, fluffy, picturesque, Christmas Card snow flakes....they do add up tho.

Birds are enjoying the heated bird waterer...
jaySmall.jpg

Happy to see another rare event...the Pheasant is back at the feeder today...
oldmanSmall.jpg

I see he likes to hide in the spruce tree...
hidingSmall.jpg

And hang out in the corn field...
cornbirdSmall.jpg

Anyone have some French Hens to keep this guy company...I am sure he is cold and lonely this Holiday Season.....

I'mSHOCKED Santa
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif
You are from the North Pole and you think Minnesota is COLD????????

I guess those advertisements I have seen on the TV are correct. They show Santa kicking back somewhere on a lonely sandy beach, sipping on a Margarita. I think we need to have an intervention here and ship you back to the North Pole to spend the whole year there instead of Arakansass
smiley36.gif

And I thought all the snow birds had come to Yuma for the winter.
smiley36.gif

Wow, completely missed this thread. Nice pictures. But you've allcured my desire to settle in the Northwest or anywhere North for that matter.
smiley24.gif
I'm going back to Hawaii. There the word "north" doesn't have such frightening connotations. It may be windy on the North Shore, but it's not cold.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back