THE ENDLESS WINTER....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours has been brutal too. Lots of snow and lots of cold. -24F this morning again. The wolves will be feasting on venison this year.

We did get 4-6" of snow a few days ago, clean and fresh....

We are on a warming trend...

Jack...we could use some wolves here...Jim left corn standing in the field to dry down till spring...saw 13 go into the fields the other night...
smiley7.gif
They have worked over the outside rows and one small patch next to the driveway...as well as eating all the crabapples that they can reach...also sharing the hay with the horses....damn thieves!!!!

We got 8" here and they are saying now that a second wave will be coming bringing another 4"! Enough already, beware of the Ides of March!

Northern Winos said:
We did get 4-6" og snow a few days ago, clean and fresh....

Northern Wino, I am from Glendive, Montana amd spent one winter in
Jamestown, ND. I feel for you and your winters. To get away from the
northern winters, I now live in Virginia (Washington, DC suburb). Much
nicer winters in Virginia. My parent's-in-law live in Mrytle Beach, SC, now that's living the good life.

Robert

Well its our turn in the barrel 12 inches here today in south jersey were i live thats like 10 feet any where else.......we get paralyzed in a heart beat..cabin favor in a millisecond and traumatized to numness...

wind chill to 12degrees..........i want winter to end.......

Gee... with 40-50* highs the last couple days, and above freezing lows, I'm beginning to think about pruning!
smiley9.gif

(AHHhhhh...Montana! The Last Best Place!)

If you get too warm there Dave just come visit. Yesterday it was below 0 with about a 20-30 mph wind so it was about -20 chill. At least we only got an inch or so of the storm. Last night it was almost 0 again and today the wind blew again, but it was sunny with a high almost 10.

We were spared that second wave but the temps really dropped here and the wind makes it worse. UH, time to buy more oil!
smiley19.gif

Rich, I'm glad it wasn't worse -- my wife got stuck in Atlanta overnight last Sunday trying to make it to Charleston, SC (for her work). From the inches of snow on the ground I was hearing up in the northeast in the early part of the week, I was almost afraid to think of what you and Al and Bilbo were going through!
smiley4.gif

We are in a nice warm spell today, gonna hit the lower 60's and hopefully melt all that crappy white stuff!
smiley32.gif

Enjoy yourself...I'm sure you will....bring back some nice warm weather..
smiley36.gif

And once again, it is snowing, blowing, icing, and now if you go in the ditch it's full of super cooled water! The Red River of the North is behaving badly. Bridges are closed, flood walls are up. My car pool buddy got a few miles down the road and turned around.
smiley18.gif
I believe that this is what is referred to as insult to injury.
So for now I will sit in my home, safe and warm, and drink coffee. I may even make some nice breakfast for Poor Bert!

Wondered if you folks were seeing any of the high water. The mighty Minnesota is full here...and more commin'!

Latest posts

Back