The best thickness for a steak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody noticed that the price of beef has gone way up (about double out by us).

Very much so. In fact, I expect to receive my first order from a local farm today. All pasture raised Angus with no hormones, antibiotics, etc. Prices on the "regular" stuff at the stores are so high now, that it isn't much of a jump at all for me to buy from the local. I'd prefer that anyway. Can't wait to try it out.

It just seems to me that (out by me) a chunk of bottom round (roast beef) about 3-4 pounds for around $6 or $7.

Just a couple of weeks ago, they have a big ad for roast beef on sale. the same size ran about $10. Gee some sale! This really hits me where it hurts.

Anybody know the reason for the increased price? Is it O'bama or the farmers?

Costs............

:mnyITS SAID THAT THE COST OF BEEF AS WELL AS PORK IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE COST OF FEED AND FUEL,THERE MAKING MORE FUEL FROM CORN AND OTHER PRODUCT THAT USE TO BE DIRECT ,DIRECTLY TO FEED ,SO THE COST OF THE FUEL GOES UP BECAUSE ITS MORE EXPENSIVE TO PRODUCE ,THAT LEAVES LESS FEED FOR STOCK AND THE COST OF FUEL TO POWER THE BEEF TO MARKET HENSLEY- GOES UP,ITS A VICIOUS CIRCLE,AT LEAST THAT'S HOW I:mny SEE IT.:slp

Has anybody noticed that the price of beef has gone way up (about double out by us).

it is high here too. all depends on where you live. chicken is cheaper than it's been in a while... most of the cattle farms are a drive away so that factors into it.

Latest posts

Back