Thawing Pears after freezing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poni

Reaction score
hey,

I am not a fan of freezing fruit such as pears, but i have them ripening right now, and some will be too ripe by the time i get to use them. So i decided to pull the yellowing ripe ones out and freeze them until the green ones are ready. hey great idea!

My question is, how long should i have the pears out of the freezer before i use them? 24 hours at room temp?

i will have them in freezer bags, should i just thaw them out in those? How do you folks freeze your pears? there has been talk on here about this, but i wasnt sure if you're raiding the freezer bag isle at the local "jaunt iggle" or just chuckin em in a chest freezer. Btw, i planned to just freeze the pear whole (i already did! too late) becuase i am just milling, then pressing for cider.

okay, thanks!

I freeze them whole in whatever I have available, buckets, bags, boxes, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I pealed mine & cut them into quarters & then put them into freezer bags. I ended up with four one gallon bags. I am getting ready to bring them out and mix with a one gallon bag of peaches and start a 3 gallon batch of wine.

I will fill my entire freezer full with fruit ( whole without any bags or such ) until I am ready to defrost and start crushing - and start making wine !!

Back