Thanks for a great forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobragolf

Junior
Reaction score
Hi I'm cobragolf from Illinois. I have been interested in making wine for about a year but just actually just started last week. I have been lurking for a while and felt like I was ready to finally jump in.

I came across DD DB recipe and it sounded like a good start to my new hobby, so I decided it was time to stop reading and start making. So far everything seems to be going great but I did not want my first post to be " I need help!!!"

I also wanted to say thank you to all the people on this forum. The wealth of information here is just amazing.

I'm not usually one to ask many questions and I'm usually a quiet keep to myself individual, but I know I'm am going to have questions and wanted to introduce myself before I started asking for help. :h

Welcome to the forum!

I myself started with kits (and still do them) but am so glad I also tried the DB recipe. I've used he recipe and variations of it to make numerous enjoyable and inexpensive fruit/country wines.

I think you ought to also try a few kits. Maybe both a high end and a low end kit of a wine variety that you particularly like?

johnd- Thank you

vacuumpumpman- I'm Living in Pontoon Beach right now, but I'm originally from Mo

NorCal- When I was playing all the time it was 6, but anymore I'm more of a get out with a group of friends and have a couple of beers and just enjoy myself lol

bkisel- Thank you. I have always been more of a Tennessee whiskey drinker myself but the gf loves country wines. I was thinking of doing a moscato kit or a white zin.

Arne- Thank you and I'm glad to be here

NorCal- When I was playing all the time it was 6, but anymore I'm more of a get out with a group of friends and have a couple of beers and just enjoy myself lol

A couple of beers? You are on a wine forum, don't use the "B" word! Just kidding, I think all of us are equal opportunity alcohol consumers.

It's a fun hobby and amazing how good and inexpensive it can be to make some good wine.

Pontoon Beach, heck we are almost neighbors. I am over in O'Fallon. The Missouri one. Welcome to the forum.

I'm from St. Peters and still work there. Spent most of my life in that area. Moved by salt lick and mexico back in '74. Doesn't look anything like it did back then.

Thank you for the welcome

You are correct. I moved out this way in 1988 and now live where their used to be a field and a creek by Fort Zumwalt South High School. Mexico was a two lane winding road, same with Salt Lick.

If you are interested, I am a member of Missouri Valley Wine Society. We meet out in Warrenton, second Thursday of every month. Let me know if you would like more information about it. Great bunch of winemakers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back