Tablets - kindle, ipad, etc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I don't like about the Kindles and iPads is that they don't accept a digital memory card. Other devices accept microSD cards (eg the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2).

This may or may not be important to your needs, especially as not everything can be put on the memory card.

Steve

Same issue with the Google Nexus tabs. No SD slot.

I did 7 presentations here in college on the kindle fire... Don't get it for a kid, lol. Like others have said, the nexus 7 is your best bang for your buck right now. Comes with newest Android platform and runs Android as it is supposed to. The kindle runs a restricted version of Android. The no sd slot is only an issue if you plan to use it as a full scale mp3 player. You will never full the memory with just apps.

My opinion, get the nexus 7. Its cheaper than I pad, better than ipad, and a top of the line Android device.

That is the downside as well - no microSD slots - although you can store 5GB on the iCloud..

There are a lot of options out there - get what suits your kids the best - mine loved the small handheld ones - so we went with that.

They did have the Innotab - they liked that - but the games that they could download got to easy for them - and they got tired of holding that when watching movies.

They loved to listen to music a lot as well - so the smaller version suited them better.

Check consumer reports or cnet reviews on them - should find some good info for comparison..

$700 for an iPad? Must be one of the higher end ones.

I have the new iPad mini. For $329 it's not too bad in price. Yes, more than some of the other tablets of similar size but I already have lots of apps for it. I love the form factor.

Yep, I've heard the Nexus is a beast, very good piece of equipment. It's really hard for me to say anything against getting technology for a young child, my children grew up around computers, have always had a desktop and laptop, in this day and age, it is almost a necessity.
If the apps are the reason to get it...I have a hard time with getting an IPad.
The problem I had was that my daughter used money she was saving for a car, when I told her "I hope you can drive that IPad, maybe you can sit with it and pretend it is a car".....the wise *** downloaded some sort of app that mad "Vroom Vroom" car like sounds and played it for me.....LMAO!!!

Oh Snap!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

My 20 yr old daughter (yep, I'm old) had to have an IPad, obsessed over it for a few weeks She pulled the trigger and bought it herself, after a week, she realized that it was a lot of hype, that she didn't need an IPad, she just returned it, ordered a Kindle Fire HD and saved several hundred dollars.
This is pretty funny. I bought the ASUS TF700T-B1-CG 10.1-Inch Tablet two weeks ago after doing all the research trying to decide what to get. I brought it home and played with it all night going back and forth between my laptop. I went to bed that night thinkingwhat the hell did I just buy. I kept going back to the laptop because it was so much easier. I returned it two days later after giving it one more shot. Keep in mind I also have an Android phone and can do everything on there that I need to do also when the laptop isn't there.

My biggest thing is I want Microsoft office to be able to run on it at full capacity. I think I'll wait a while for the windows based tablets to catch up then think about getting another one.

Dan - sounds you should be looking at a netbook. Or just stick with the laptop.

Well after a lot of research reading reviews and speaking with people who have tablets, I decided on the Samsung Galaxy for my daughter. It's charging now then will go in the box for wrapping.

Latest posts

Back