WineXpert Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longlake

Junior
Reaction score
I just finished bottling my first wine from concentrate kit--a Symphony. How long do I need to age it before it is drinkable?

Since the Symphony has a good amount of acid anda bittannin carried over from the Grenache Gris grape, I would give it a try in 3-4 months but it will continue to improve up to a year.

But who to say what is drinkable...everyone has there own tastes!

I have been wondering about the Symphony. Does it finish off-dry or is it a bone dry white? If it finishes bone dry, is it one that would be nice sweetened a tad? Thanks.

If it finishes bone dry then it should be perfect as is. I can't see any need to
sweeten wine
smiley1.gif

Not everyone likes bone dry white wine, Peter. I have had white wines that were bone dry but have so much body, floral bouquet, and fruity taste they seem not so dry. Those are OK.

What's up with the Viking Wench and where can I see more pictures of her!!
smiley2.gif

Don't stare at her too long! You will lose your mind! Man she is sumthin else!

smiley5.gif

The symphony is off dry (atleast by my taste buds). It's a nice balance--dry enough not to overwhelm those of us who prefer dry wines but enough sweetness to bring out the fruity tastes. Edited by: Jackie

Back