Swedish fish

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmyers

wine maker in progress
Reaction score
A friend of mine loves swedish fish. She wanted to know if i could make her wine from them that would taste like them anybody have any info on this

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
What does a swedish fish taste like?

Swedish fish were the original gummy bear before gummy bears were cool. ;)

I'm certain you could make wine out of them. There are some recipes here for Starburst wine. I'd guess you could follow a very similar process with the fish.

I guess I must just be too old! Never heard of them!

300px-Swedish-Fish-Wrapper-Small.jpg

SwedishFish.jpg

.... Really?........

Last edited:
Swedish Fish are awesome!!! LMAO! I thought my kids were insane when I first saw them....but they taste great!!!!

Oh, a candy? I thought you were talking about lutefisk. NOT a wine I would expect even in my nightmares.

LMFAO!! Thanks Greg! Now I have to wipe coffee from my monitor...lol

I'm thinking you can make wine from it. If you can get them to melt down then go for it.

I would probably use Welch's white grape concentrate as a base and have the sg around 1.080 not much higher than that.

Thanks for the info.Its jinda what i was thinking too and im sorry about the confusion i should have said they were candy . Pinnacle does sell a swedish fish flavored vodka im wondering if i made a very low alcohol white wine and blended with the flavored vodka how much of the flavor would come thru

One thing that does worry me is that the fish have a wax in the ingredients after i melt them they may group into a big glob at the bottom of the primary

If it is wax, it should float. You should be able to skim it off the top. Don't be surprised if you have a waxy film on top.

I made a Starburst jellybean wine last year and it had a wax on the jellybeans, did seem to affect the wine.

You know I remember when the sweddish fish first came onto the market, they were about 2" long and cost a penny! But then again those were the days of penny candy.

Julie said:
I made a Starburst jellybean wine last year and it had a wax on the jellybeans, did seem to affect the wine.

You know I remember when the sweddish fish first came onto the market, they were about 2" long and cost a penny! But then again those were the days of penny candy.

I wonder if you can still buy the strips of paper with the candy dots on them. I used to get a lot with my .25 a week allowance.

I can't believe I ate those things. Why? We ate more paper than candy messing with that crap.

I love Swedish fish......those 3 lbs bags don't last long around here. Yummmm.

Going to sams club tomorrow to get a 10 lb sack. I figure 5 lb for wine and 5 for me

Latest posts

Back