RJ Spagnols Super Tuscan Recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the trigger and got the WS super Tuscan got $108. I also bought extra yeast for my fruit wines and couple packets of the French oak spiral medium toast and s splash guard funnel. I will start this kit next month. I still have to start a cab/merlot kit this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Just bottled my EP Super Tuscan after resting about 4 months in the carboy. Tastes surprisingly good being so young. Almost no tannin though. Might have benefitted from adding a little. But, I don't plan to un-bottle so I'll leave it right where it is for a year or two. I think it will be just fine.

I'm planning on adding a total of pound of mixed raspberries and blackberries during secondary. It's not enough to change the wine flavor but enough extra something. Will add rouge soft to it also. So will bring a different dimension and add a good mouthfeel. Well hoping it will.

I'm planning on adding a total of pound of mixed raspberries and blackberries during secondary. It's not enough to change the wine flavor but enough extra something. Will add rouge soft to it also. So will bring a different dimension and add a good mouthfeel. Well hoping it will.

I wouldn't change much on this wine, other than maybe the yeast and tannin. It's excellent all on its own.

IMO, the WS super Tuscan is the best of the bunch. I've made the WS Rosso Grande Eccellente (arguably another super Tuscan), the Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo and the EP Super Tuscan. All 3 of those are good, but not as good.

My EP is almost ready to bottle and it tastes quite good but not as much character as I hoped. Sometimes it just takes a couple years in the bottle to bring that out.

I think the reason the WS super Tuscan is so popular is that it's very good at 6 months and keeps getting better.

Racked my EP super Tuscan today. (Added k meta as well)
This batch was started in October 2013.
At first Taste it was a little flat and almost tart.
I took another sample, let it breath, swirled in a glass. This time it had a smokeyness after taste.

Definitely needs more time to allow some flavor to come forward.

Me thinks this will be next up to spend time in my barrel!

Racked my EP super Tuscan today. (Added k meta as well)
This batch was started in October 2013.
At first Taste it was a little flat and almost tart.
I took another sample, let it breath, swirled in a glass. This time it had a smokeyness after taste.

Definitely needs more time to allow some flavor to come forward.

Me thinks this will be next up to spend time in my barrel!

I'm underwhelmed with my EP super Tuscan. I just bottled it. It tastes like a nice Merlot to me. Not what I expected at this stage.

Interesting info guys. Thx for all the updates

Back