SUPER KLEER K-C

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
I have been using Super Kleer K-C and find is has been doing a super job.

I noticed the last packages I bought have different directions on the package.....

I use to just say add D1, stir.... mix D2 with water. add and stir....now it says wait 1 hour between the additions...What's going on???

I add it to most of my wines, rack a couple times and then bottle....I did some Crabapple/Apple Wine and was ready to bottle it yesterday, when I racked it to the bottling bucket it had dropped some more of that fluffy sediment, so have to wait another couple rackings....

I want to bottle this wine in clear bottles, so don't want any droppings in it...so will rack it in a couple weeks and then maybe again....I like to have the wine free of droppings when I bottle....Maybe just the apples had more fluffy stuff [pectin] in them...It seems a nice color and seems real clear...except for the droppings.

I don't recall what it said on the label I used on that batch....do you think they have changed their ingredients...or just the instructions...???...and why???

The four packets I just used on my mead had these instructions but I didn't follow them since I was pressed for time.

They are clearing perfectly.

Actually, the two batches I did yesterday are clearing nicely too....I didn't wait the hour between additions either...I used the old packages with the old instructions....

Will see next time when I use the new packs...might try following directions for a change....
smiley2.gif

Boy I better start following the directions also since it is best to practice what you preach!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back