Sunset Blush

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
Today I filtered and bottled what I am calling Sunset Blush. It's a blend of apple wine and cherry juice with a touch of cinnamon.

Here are some pics

20100820_143833_0820000830_Smal.jpg
20100820_143911_0820000858_Smal.jpg

20100820_144025_0820000859a_Sma.jpg
20100820_144050_0820001027a_Sma.jpg

BOB

pretty...i am a cherry man....food, color, wood stain, furniture :)

That filter is a beer/wine plate filter sold by many other retailers.

The wine is just now 10 months old. When I was blending the cherry juice in I went slowly because I did not want either one to dominate the other. I then let it set for awhile, backsweetened and then added a little more cherry juice. I used a small amount of cinnamon and have found out that a little goes a long way as the wine matures. IMO it is still a little young. I have found apple to be that way. It has a nice aroma with the cherry first followed by the apple. I don't pick up the cinnamon when I smell the wine so it comes off as a nice surprise when you taste it.

Wade is right it is a wine/beer filter plate . it is supposed to be used with a pressure tank but I figured out that I could use my aspirator pump to pull the wine through the filter. Using a 1 - 4 micron filter pad that george carries I can filter 6 gallons in about 20 minutes depending on the clarity of the wine being filtered.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments

BOB

I was trying cinnamon in a cider; I found the same thing out, could cut that in half. I didn't have any stick so I made kind of like a cinnamon tea that I added. Ended up with with a cin/tannicflavor, not sure if I like the addition. Your wine looks great. So the cherry wasn't fermented?

Latest posts

Back