stuck fermentation cherry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcreekwine

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a vintners harvest cherry wine going, I started fermentation at sg 1.075, I have been in secondary for 4 weeks and now at a stalled sg of 1.026, recipe calls for a 1.010 to rack again at that 4 week mark into new carboy for another 2 months before bottling. Wondering if 1.026 is okay to move off lees which I have about an inch and a half of now that the wine has been on for 4 weeks now. Kinda wondering what to do, rack or leave till 1.010? Thanks in advance for any help.

What is the pH? It is curious to have a stalled ferment at such a low initial gravity. Also what is your temperature and which yeast?

Last edited:
yeast nutrient should be 1.5 grams per gallon. I would make a sugar syrup 2 cusp sugar to one cup hot water. use a blender to dissolve sugar. once cool add enough to raise sg to 1040. this would be about one cup of sugar syrup per gallon. I suggest sugar syrup to make sure sugar is dissolved. the amount of water in syrup is non consequential.

Back