Starting my wine building

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would install a trap door leading to that attic area so that you can use that space for storage. You can NEVER have enough storage space!

the attic is actualy very tiny, barely room to crawl in if i had to. All it has to hold is blown in insulation. The building is only a 12x24, not as big as it looks. Got my wall insulation up today.

1421460172679.jpg

those are 1.5" interior wood screws, also there are plates on both sides. Lol im no master carpenter, but i can hang on a single rafter and im chunky :p

Was just sayin. Screws unless specifically designed for joist hangers have little shear strength. I do see that your ceiling is not structural and will only be supporting drywall/OSB/plywood. You would be surprised what time and gravity can do. Lookin good and moving along quickly.

cheers

lots of insulation and a unit thats rated for way more than 288 square ft

If you get one that is too big, it will not run enough to take the humidity out In the summer. Also, it can give you too big of temp. swings, comes on, over shoots the temp too much, then you have to wait for it to cool Down or heat up before it comes back on. Arne.

I would suggest the spray type foam insulation. With 4" inch walls and ceiling you will not get much of a batt in there!! Looks great,jealous!!!

didn't see the photo with insulation,my bad. If your collar ties,bottom cord of rafter are well attached to ext. walls you'll be fine.........enjoy

If you get one that is too big, it will not run enough to take the humidity out In the summer. Also, it can give you too big of temp. swings, comes on, over shoots the temp too much, then you have to wait for it to cool Down or heat up before it comes back on. Arne.

I didnt know that, ill check into that.

didnt know that, ill check into that.

hey guys aint forgot about the thread, was out of town for a few days. Going to work some more this week on the building

If you get a high capacity de-humidifier, you can use it to heat and dehumidify the room during the winter. You need a high capacity one because they will work at lower temps.

not yet, hoping to work some today and the rest of the week. Had great weather last week so I had to work.

Looks like it is coming along nicely. Thanks for the pictures.

Buried wire - be careful. I recall something about covering the wire with a metal plate.

I'd be guessing you're feeding 220VAC with direct burial grade wire. Woulda suggested a bit deeper (30-36") or thru plastic conduit. Never know when someone might decide to dig

Latest posts

Back