Stag's Leap Merlot Bottled and Labeled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
Last night we siphoned some of the Merlot out of the carboy to taste it and it was so good that we ended up drinking two
20080720_125927_100_4514_Small.jpg
carafes full of it. So today I bottled the rest. I made it in February and it has been in the carboy since. It is a very deep red color and it taste absolutely wonderful!!!

20080720_130315_100_4516_Small.jpg

20080720_130626_100_4518_Small.jpg
Edited by: rgecaprock

That sounds really grat Ramona and I love the labels you made up so many months ago. I had a Merlot last evening, but it wasn't a Stag's Leap! Maybe I will give that one a try sometime.

It seems like everyone was bottling this weekend. The closest I got was washing 10 cases of bottles. It was going to be a productive weekend in the vineyard, but today has been a washout. It has been raining all day and right now it is really heavy. Expecting 1-2 inches more rain this evening.

Thanks appleman,

I would love to have some rain. All we have been getting are 5 minutes of huge drops in the afternoons while the sun is shining.

Looking good Ramona.....
Now, you said you drank 2 carafes of wine....and had a taste....I see only 4 bottles......How BIG were those carafes????

We could use a good rain too....we did have a cloud about the size of the farm roll through this afternoon, got a nice shower....but, just added to the humidity a bit....No complaints...will take what ever rain we can.

I had a bottle of this from Jobe and it is a great wine. Weather is hot & humid over here, very dangerous for people with asthma.

I sent the rain your way, Appleman. It was a great soaker! Watering my vines yesterday brought it on!

Ramona...another beautiful sight!!!

NW, I think the carafe was a 3 gallon carboy!
smiley2.gif

The four bottles is what Ramona has lined up for her tonight. The next picture with two is after she drank the first two...................

Wade it was like that here yesterday. Hazy, Hot, Humid...... Yuck. It wasn't pleasant working in it. Today is just plain a washout. I heard a guy on The Weather Channel this morning call it a semi-permant front instead of a stationary front. I thought that was funny at the time, but now I'm not so sure. And then this coming week is Fair Week in the county which is typically wet every afternoon for the Fair!

Its been hot and humid for almost a week straight. Is the rain cooling it off any?

Yep, it's cooler but the humidity is 100%! How can it be 100% and not raining?

Its a lot hotter then that here and the same humidity. The dehumidifier is going trong.

I have a batch of this hid away. I brought it home from the first Winestock. It out to be good and aged by now. Guess I ought to break one out and give it a try. Nice work on the labels there Missy!

I gotta ask too Ramona..how big was the carafe ?
smiley36.gif

Very nice looking bottles

I'll have to admit it was a pretty big carafe. I got 27 bottles from the carboy so you all can do the math. It was just too darn good!!!!

Ramona

Here in southern AZ we are in the middle of our monsoon season. Big beautiful cumulus clouds building by 11 am. Thunderstorms and rain almost every day. Humidity ranges from 60 to 75% during this time. That is alot considering the humidity the rest of the year is approx. 12%. haha
Everything is green here in the desert and we love rain every day!!

We are now reaching the 100's, Very high humidity and no rain now in our areafor over 2 weeks...Welcome to Arkansas !!!

well people as a heating and air conditioning contractor i for one love the high humidity and high temps,as well as the freezing cold,know problem there,its just when it streaches out to long this old body starts to feel its age,know what i mean,??????????????????????????????????????

Very nice labels and obviously the wine is tasty makes it worth the wait, and congrats on the move to the moderator group Ramona.

Weather here high humidity, high temps, hight amounts of rain for the past 2 months usually get 2-4-6 inches of rain in an hour or two.

Back