Spouses

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are your spouses involved with your wine hobby?

• In it with you for better or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could care less

• Has other hobbies

• Complains about the time and money involved

• Is happy to have you out of their hair

• Total voters

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I was wondering how it goes when there is another person in the picture....

Ramona

I used to work on my wine when my wife wasn't home so I didn't have to
hear....HOW MUCH WINE ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE?? (she doesn't drink)
She moved out two weeks ago so that's that after 28 years, it's tough
when the kids grow up .

I really hate to hear about long marriages going sour, Stinkie, but sometimes it works out for the best, I should know. It seems you are staying busy, so that is a very good thang. Maybe you will meet a nice lady who also enjoys wine and she will inspire you. Heck, maybe you will luck out and meet a woman that drinks beer!

smiley4.gif

My wife supports the wine and beer making as she certainly enjoys the wine I make for her. She helps with the bottling effort and I take care of the rest. From time to time she says this hobby has taken over and is out of control (like when I had 14 batches going at once recently) but I remind her I need to build inventory for aging and to keep her supplied with 4-5 different kinds for her to drink.
smiley36.gif

I don't think it would be near as much fun making or drinking wine without Bert.
smiley13.gif
I have to admit he does most of it, but I do make my own batch once in a while so I keep in it. I'd hate to just be his bottling girl!
smiley2.gif

Curtis helps me decide what to make, does the heavy lifting, helps with the bottling...then the drinking. Other than that, he is into his sports and computer games. That kind of leaves me on my own most of the time. He enjoys his thing and I enjoy mine. Sometimes we meet in the middle.

works for us!!

that's abad deal Stinkie... I hope it'll all work out cause the kids really are the ones that suffer.... all my bride ever says is " what's that smell? What do you have brewin'? I have to just smile!
smiley4.gif

berry

My wife {PWP} kind of pushed me into wine making or helped me get a good start. I found I like doing it and she is there to help when I need it. We work togather on some wines and on others I have my ideas and she has her's. It's just fun having a hobby we can both share in. Just another thing we can do togather.

smiley1.gif
Wine making more than just a hobby.

Stinkie, sorry to hear about your marriage. I wish you the best with your new start.

My wife has been very active in the wine making since day one. I started making wine for health reasons, so she was very encouraging. Little did we know where it was going to take us. We also use "child" labor to help us bottle, so wine making has become a family event.

Sorry to hear that Stinkie hope things work out.

My wife can fit in to three of the category's!

When she is ready for a drink its (In it with you for better/worse)

While making or bottling its (Could care less)

Time for new kit or supply's (Complains about the time and money involved)

But she loves me!
smiley2.gif
Edited by: RAMROD

I have to agree with Ramrod.Except I play the well look how much you spent on clothes last week card
smiley4.gif
. I guess she really doesn't mind what I do, She just needs someone to vent her frustration from work on,( too many peons that don't do what they are told). I can understand her mood swings and just let her vent. Then she is easier to live with
smiley36.gif
. What can I say I love her.

Chris

Im very sorry Stimkie, I also wish you the best.When I first started my wife was always a big help. Lately she could care less. But if I make a lable and forget to add here name on it she lets me know. Although she rarely helps out I add her name just to keep the peace.

Bill

Well, I thought that my wife was different than most...I guess that they must all be somewhat related. Her occasional gripe is the cost. etc. She is not a great connoisseur of a great wine, however it is very pleasing to know that she approves of some of them which I have made. Once I get her approval, and the "taste test" has been accepted, then the hobby moves on ..all in all, as long as I am happy, and the 'honey do list' is being handled, "all is good." I think I'll keep this one, they're hard to find!!

You can say that again, the hard to find part.

Where have you been Joe?

smiley25.gif

Aloha Country,

I've been here...since retirement and all that, it doesn't really mean that one can retire totally. Our ISP chose to delete customers with a short e-mail notice since I have been with them in 1998. They went "high-tech" and kinda left everyone out there. It was difficult getting hooked up again...well "I'm Back."
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back